SRajasthan, a land of deserts feel a sigh of relief when the monsoon touches its land. Rajasthan is well connected by road, rail or air route with Delhi. Whether domestic or international tourists, both prefer Rajasthan tour package from Delhi to explore the wonderland of tourism. Land of culture, traditions, various colours, amazing food and hospitality gives a plethora of reasons to explore the state.
The peculiar royal world charm, exquisite architecture, monsoon season, festival vibes and stunning landscape are jewels of the cities of Rajasthan. You must get surprised by numerous interesting facts about Rajasthan. So let’s get started with an interesting guide of state.
The speciality about cities of Rajasthan
- Have you heard of the blue city, a pink city in any other state except Rajasthan? It is a most colourful state with colours included in name of cities that describe them really. Naming some popular cities as Jaipur- Pink city, also the capital of the state, Jodhpur- blue city, Jaisalmer-Golden City, Udaipur-White city and Jhalawar is known as a purple city.
- Similarly, there are various UNESCO World heritage sites in Rajasthan- Jantar Mantar, Jaipur, Kaelodo national Park- Bharatpur, Jaisalmer fort, Chittorgarh Fort, Kumbhalgarh Fort and Ranthambore Fort
- Different cities of Rajasthan host different events and fairs every year. Bikaner hosts the International Camel festival, Pushkar hosts the annual camel fair. If you want to enjoy a desert music festival, must visit the Sam Sand dunes of Jaisalmer.
- Enjoy Boating in various cities as Fateh Sagar lake and lake Pichola in Udaipur, Gadisar lake in Jaisalmer and Nakki lake in Mount Abu
Rajasthan unique facts that make it perfect for tourism
- Home to the oldest mountain range in India- Aravalli mountain range
- Heard of a hill station in the desert area? Rajasthan has one and only hill station-Mount Abu which is surrounded by hills and host a pristine environment.
- The giant state shares its boundary with six states- Uttar Pradesh, New Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat
- Rajasthani cuisine under the special ambience of Rajasthani folk dance and atmosphere
- One of the most visited North India destinations.
Best Time to visit Rajasthan
An important part of India-Rajasthan can be best explored from August to Mid-April. Winter is the best time to explore desert regions as Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and Bikaner. But if you want to go for a trip during summer, then head to Mount Abu, Kumbhalgarh or Ranakpur. Monsoon is relatively cool in comparison to summers. In monsoon, you can observe sudden changes of green patches in a desert barren land. If you are in a romantic trip, you can feel romance blossoming in the air with a stay at luxury resorts and roaming around heritage forts. Monsoon season is best for travel as you will get less crowd and resorts in the best deal available.
Decide destinations of Rajasthan to visit on your holiday trip
The state of Rajasthan has a number of places to visit for a perfect family trip, group tour or honeymoon tour. Depending on your area of interest, time of travel, age of travel members, budget and mode of transport, choose the right place for your Rajasthan holiday trip.
Have a look at the famous 10 Tourist destinations of Rajasthan:
- Mount Abu
Destinations perfect to visit in Winter season
- Udaipur-You can plan a trip to Udaipur from October to March months as the climate is very pleasant. Lake city is best for honeymoon couples and visitors who dream of a royal trip. Boat riding in Lake Pichola and Fateh Sagar lake, visit City Palace, Jagdish temple are key points of the Udaipur tour. If you have time in hand, you can extend your tour with a visit to Chittorgarh and explore ancient forts and history. You can also enjoy views of Udaipur in the month of Monsoon.
- Jaipur– Jaipur is the most beautiful city of the state with modern city structure, forts and jeweller market. Key attractions of Jaipur are Jantar Mantar, City Palace, Jal Mahal, Amber Fort, Raj Mandir, Chowki Dhani and Birla Temple. Further, enjoy the festival of Teej at monsoon month Savan. Women draped in colourful saris, men dressed in traditional dresses and moustaches, folk music and the smell of sweets will make your travel complete.
- Ranthambore- If you are a wildlife lover and Planning a trip with kids or friends to the home of Royal Bengal tigers-Ranthambore national park. You can go for 3 days Rajasthan tour package from Delhi which is good enough to enjoy to the fullest. Enjoy jeep safari, bird watching, Jungle trekking, camping and much more for an adventure trip. Beyond wildlife reserves, tourists can visit Ranthambore Fort, Jogi Mahal, Kachida Valley, Talaos and Museums.
Tour of Fort Cities of Rajasthan
- Jaisalmer- Jaisalmer, the golden city is well known for its sam sand dunes and desert activities. You can see only inhabited fort here which is Jaisalmer fort. 3 days are sufficient to travel in Jaisalmer and cover prime attractions as Gadsisar lake, forts, Bada Bagh, Kuldahra village(offbeat place), Sam Sand Dunes, Havelis. In short, this trip gives you a completely different angle of architecture and desert tourism.
- Jodhpur- Bollywood favourite destination for film shooting or marriage functions, Jodhpur is a city of palaces and premium resorts. Umaid Bhawan Palace, Mehrangarh Museum, Jaswant Thada, Kalyana lake are famous sightseeing places of Jodhpur. Moreover, famous activities to do in Jodhpur are camel safari day tours, village safari tours and historic city tour.
The perfect destination to visit even in summer
- Mount Abu– Do you know, The only hill station of Rajasthan is Mount Abu which is surrounded by forests and Aravali hills. Near the border of Gujarat, it offers a placid cool climate and serene atmosphere. If tourists want to experience a nature trail, a blissful tour of Nakki lake will be awesome. Also, touch the sky height at the highest peak of Guru Shikhar with 360-degree view of Mount Abu. Click the panoramic beauty of lush greenery from toad rock. Must visit Dilwara Jain temples to view the excellence of architecture designed intricately. Visit some other sights as Sunset point, Raghunath temple, Brahmakunaris ashram, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary. Must include Mount Abu in your Rajasthan tour package from Delhi to beat the heat of Delhi summers.
Destinations suitable to visit in monsoon season
- Narlai- Narlai is a beautiful village situated between Jodhpur and Udaipur that is best for rural village tour to understand or experience village life. During this season, this place witnesses more tourists due to the outstanding experiences it offers. Famous activities you can go for- Jeep safari to catch wonderful views of wild animals as deer, leopards and chitals. Enjoy the trekking around the city and can visit the Lord Shiva temple.
- Bikaner- Do you know, Most famous sight of Bikaner is Junagarh fort is not built on hills while it was built in barren Thar desert area. Its marvellous architecture is perfect for your photography tour. Visit palaces and Havelis to explore custom traditions. Devotees also visit Karni Mata temple situated at a distance of approx. 30 km from the city. Temples and museums are also prime attractions to accomplish your sightseeing tour in Bikaner. Must savour authentic Rajasthani namkeen of Bikaneri flavour.
- Mandawa- Mandawa is a completely offbeat place and visited by architecture or history lovers. Mandawa castle is a must-visit followed by a visit to grand Havelis. You can also visit the Open-air gallery to know the history of Mandawa city.
- Bhainsroragarh- Finally, Experience the best monsoon fun by sitting in the verandah of Bhainsrorgarh Fort. The rain clouds dance gleefully past the lush forests of Chambal. It is situated between Chambal and Bamni rivers. Subsequently, enjoy the forts Architecture which is very beautiful hosting ancient idols.
So don’t delay to enjoy the beautiful cities of Rajasthan. Contact us for Rajasthan tour package from Delhi to plan your family holiday trip or solo trip.