Kids during their growing stage often shuttle from homes to schools, and during this period the parents must take care of the kid’s brain to keep them sharp and healthy. The foods they munch on play a major role in brain development during their childhood days. So, deliver your kid with the right nourishment to improve cognitive skills and intelligence at the right stage and at the right time. Here, we have curated 10 brain power foods that you should never miss, including it in your kid’s diet without fail. Now gear up with the options listed below:
10 Best brain-boosting foods:
Are you confused to know which foods to include in your kid’s diet? No worry! We are here with the list of top 10 foods to include in your kid’s daily diet:
- Eggs: Eggs are a rich source of protein, vitamin b6, vitamin b12, and folic acid helps to improve brain function and memory. So, make a sandwich, omelette, or scrambled eggs with loads of colourful veggies in your kid’s diet.
- Nuts and seeds: Consuming nuts and seeds, boost brain function, Nuts, and seeds are rich sources of vitamin E, iron, zinc, calcium, fibre, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Include a handful of nuts like cashew nuts, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, pecan nuts, almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, pine nuts, hemp seeds, etc.
- Fish: No doubt! Fish is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. So, include oily fish like salmon, tuna, and sardines as fish helps to protect brain cells, regulates neurotransmitters, sharpens, and boosts memory.
- Green leafy vegetables: Green leafy vegetables are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Include an adequate amount of green vegetables in your kid’s plate. Try wrapping leafy greens in sandwiches, or add leafy vegetables in your kid’s favourite salad.
- Whole grains: Whole grains provide us with sufficient energy needed for the body. They provide energy to the brain, thereby keeping brain cells healthy. Switch your kid’s snack from refined flour with whole grains. Try giving your little one whole-grain bread, crackers, whole-grain pretzels, etc.
- Dairy products: Yes! Dairy products are a rich source of proteins, vitamins, and minerals. This helps your kids stay healthy, strong, and helps in boosting the functions of the brain.
- Indian gooseberry: Indian gooseberry is a rich source of vitamin C. Consuming gooseberry regularly improves immunity and the tannins and the antioxidants present in it helps to fight free radicals present in the brain. Many Ayurvedic products with gooseberry as main ingredients for kids are available in the market. Order Ayurvedic medicine from any trusted online medicine site at your convenience.
- Lean meat: Lean meat is a rich source of protein and iron. Deficiency of iron can reduce cognitive skills and cause attention deficient disorder. So, provide lean meat to your kid either in the baked or grilled form.
- Pulses: Pulses are extremely rich in proteins, iron, vitamins, minerals, calcium, folic acid, and fibre. Folic acid helps to boost memory and improves concentration.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is loaded with vitamin B complex, vitamin E, fibres, potassium, and zinc which help the kids to boost memory. Add fruits like blueberries, apples, bananas, or other fruits and nuts of your kid’s choice to make it visually appealing, thereby supplementing the body with essential nutrients. So, try preparing a kid-friendly breakfast every day!
The list of foods which we have listed above is easily available in the market. All you need to do is colourfully add them if your kid is a picky eater. Ensure to supplement these foods naturally to boost their health and well-being. Provide your child with the best nutritional supplements he or she requires during the growing stage. Also, if you cannot frame his or her diet chart, meet your child’s dietician for improving his eating habits. But, if your child is at nutritional risk, then dietician may prescribe dietary supplements to support the nutrient needs. Order OTC medicines from the best online pharmacy store in India and avail amazing medicine discount on all the products you place.