If you have a wine cellar at home then it is natural that you would have opted for the steps to maintain an optimum temperature for the wines. An apt temperature helps retain the original taste of the wines for a longer period of time which is naturally useful unless you want a ruined wine collection.
There are many companies of custom wine cellars in Houston that provide a varied range of wine cellars, wine racks, wine cellar furniture, custom wine rooms, wine cellar repair ad their restoration. They also provide consultation on how you can maintain your wine collection better. However, in this blog, we shall be talking about what are the mistakes you should avoid for your climate-controlled wine cellar.
Here are 5 mistakes and how you can avoid them:
- Vapor barrier gaps: This is perhaps the most overlooked mistake of all home wine cellars. Vapor barriers create a separation between the environment inside your wine cellar and that outside your wine cellar. Your wine cellar needs to maintain a temperature that is lower than the area outside. What a vapor barrier does is control the humidity of your wine cellar. If not done correctly, moisture can enter the gaps, thus leading to the growth of mold.
For a full-proof vapor barrier for your Houston wine cellars, it is suggested to consult a wine cellar manufacturing agency. They will be better able to provide you with the perfect guidance.
- Exterior Windows: This is an often-overlooked mistake that can cause a lot of harm to your wine collection. One of the most important things to keep in mind is to have your home wine cellars underground or any other room in the interior, basically, a space that does not receive sunlight. Sunlight can have adverse effects on the wines and lead to a total change of taste.
- Wine cellar door: It is very important for your custom wine cellars in Houston to have a heavy-grade door with proper insulation. As this is the main barrier between the wines and the outer environment, it needs to be full-proof. Not even an inch of space should be left for air to get in or pass out.
- Wrong cooling unit: Yes, it is true. Not all cooling units are for your custom wine racks or wine cellar. So, it is very important to have a cooling unit that is appropriate for your wine cellar design. There are many considerations to be made in this case and since it is only natural that a layman will not be able to do so, it is suggested to consult a wine cellar manufacturing agency whose professionals have high expertise in suggesting what will be right for you.
- Low-quality wine racks: A structural flaw, low-quality wine racks pose a high risk for your wine collection. It is strongly suggested to hire a professional custom wine racks manufacturer for your home wine cellar and not a regular carpenter. The thing about wine racks is that they are available in hundreds of styles. So, you can easily opt for a set that is better able to complement and uphold your whole wine cellar design. You can opt for metal wine racks, wall mounted wine racks, wrought iron wine racks, and many other types.
Also Check: Mclaren vale merlot
It is not enough to just keep a check on what you think is not right but on all the points mentioned here. All of these have their own set of requirements that need to be fulfilled in order to give you fully climate-controlled home wine cellars. Only this will ensure the perfect storage for your cherished wine collection just the way it deserves.