Alcohol and drugs are often used as a way to escape reality. It might be a few drinks to take the minds off a rough day at work or maybe a few pills to feel euphoric in an otherwise stressful world. Nevertheless, what may seem like a fast, effective way to escape uncomfortable feelings is a temporary solution that can cause more damage in the long run. Addiction profoundly impacts every aspect of a person’s life, from short-term side effects to long-term irreversible damages. So, to control people’s addiction to these substances, alcohol and drug screening tests got introduced. Drug and alcohol detection tests allow the family members to easily get a test of their loved ones using their hair/nail samples while not bothering the addicted person.
What Does the Drug and Alcohol Detection Test Mean?
Drug and alcohol testing is an examination or technical analysis of various human biological specimens, such as blood, urine, sweat, saliva, nails, and hair, to determine the presence of alcohol and other drugs or their metabolites. The test includes the tracing of drugs, which are otherwise prohibited, or their metabolites and levels within the body of the person being examined while working, driving, or committing an offense in the workplace or public places. Furthermore, these tests do not identify the exact amount of drugs or alcohol in the body. Instead, it will determine the history, frequency, and alcohol and drug consumption pattern.
What Drugs Can the Test Find?
A drug screening test can detect the following drugs:
- MDMA (Ecstasy)
- LSD (Zen)
- GHB (Scoop)
- Spice (Fake Weed)
- Cocaine (Crack)
- Steroids (Roids)
- Amphetamine (Speed)
- Cannabis (Ganza)
- Opiates (Smack)
- Benzodiazepines (Benzo)
- Ketamine (Rape Drug)
- Phencyclidine (Angel Dust)
- Zolpidem (Zombie pills)
- Tramadol (Chill Pills)
- Methamphetamine (Meth)
- Mephedrone (M-Smack)
- Methadone (Tootsie Roll)
- Buprenorphine (Strips)
Types & Procedures of Drug and Alcoholism Tests
Hair and nails are the most effective and definitive ways for alcohol and drug screening tests. In addition, you can opt for Urine Home Test Kit. However, the alcohol or drug test price may vary according to the type of test you prefer.
- Nail Drug Test – It is necessary to clip the nails as close to the nail bed as possible when performing a nail drug test. The nail bed receives a rich blood supply compared to the rest of the nail. A single clipping is sufficient if the nail is 5 millimeters or longer. Approximately 10 grams of nail clippings are needed if the nails are shorter.
- Hair Drug Test –To conduct a Hair Drug Test, a sample of approximately 200 hair strands, akin to the thickness of a pencil, is required. This test comes in two distinct forms: Overview Analysis and Segmented Analysis. The Overview Analysis provides an average of drug use episodes over the duration of the test, offering a general perspective. Conversely, the Segmented Analysis delves deeper, providing a month-by-month breakdown of an individual’s drug usage. Additionally, this method can be extended to include alcohol hair strand test results, giving a more comprehensive understanding of a person’s substance use over time.
- Nail Alcohol Test –The amount of nail clippings needed for this test is 10 mg (approx). Nails are composed of keratin fibers. This test uses the alcohol metabolite EtG as a biomarker for alcohol use. Furthermore, they provide a 12-month detection window.
- Hair Alcohol Test – The most feasible and accessible samples for this test are head hairs, but other body hairs, such as the chest, leg, arm, and beard hairs, may also be used. Based on the length of hair received from these body parts, it is possible to determine the duration of alcohol consumption. Again, a minimum of a 3cm section is needed.
- ‘At Home’ Drug Testing Kit – An instant urine drug testing provides on-the-spot drug screen results. The Urine Pot Drug Test Cup is designed for easy & accurate drug testing at home. It contains a 14-panel Drug Testing Cup and has integrated temperature strips that detect different drugs in the urine sample.
Purpose of Alcohol & Drug Test
There are several scenarios where an alcohol & drug test might be necessary. The following are some:
- A family member may want a loved one to take this test to prove they’re not into drug or alcohol abuse.
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers test residents regularly. This helps ensure that people receiving treatment for drug or alcohol abuse stay sober.
- Sometimes, your primary care doctor may order this test if they suspect you have a problem with drugs or alcohol.
- Protect the employees, security, and finances of a company
Get the Best Alcohol & Drug Test Price with 100% Accurate Results in India!
If you’re in need of fast, reliable drug & alcoholism test services, DNA Forensics Laboratory Pvt. Ltd. (DFL) can help. We provide a wide range of lab testing solutions, making it easy to choose the best option to suit your needs. Whether you’re searching for personal, professional, or legal reasons, you can be confident that DFL will provide you with 100% accurate and court-admissible results at affordable alcohol/drug test prices. Thanks to our highly-trained staff, your lab experience will be quick & hassle-free, completed in our clean and comfortable facility.
Furthermore, we are the only company providing legal DNA tests in India. With 400+ collection centers across India and abroad, you can visit our nearest center to give the samples for alcoholism test & drug tests or call out sample collection agents to the respective address for the same.
For further queries or to book an alcohol & drug screening test in India, talk to our customer support executives at +91 8010177771 or WhatsApp at +91 9213177771