Hydrating hyaluronic acid and glow-boosting vitamin C each have their own place in the hall of fame of effective skincare ingredients. Together they are considered one of the most effective beauty duos. We have summarized for you why this is the case, how vitamin C and hyaluronic acid can be combined – and what is important when using them together.
Hyaluron or hyaluronic acid is a gel-like, transparent liquid. Over the years, the hyaluronic acid in our skin gradually decreases. The result: The elasticity decreases, the skin becomes drier and wrinkles become wrinkles. If you don’t want to accept the signs of the times without a word, you can simply give your skin hyaluronic acid back.
Where does hyaluronic acid come from? Hyaluronic acid is an important component of our connective tissue, cartilage and synovial fluid. It is made by our body itself. What can hyaluronic acid do? In cosmetics, hyaluron or hyaluronic acid is so interesting because it can bind up to six liters of water per gram of its own weight.
1. Next-level skincare: why you should combine vitamin C and hyaluronic acid!
Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid are two potent, well-tolerated beauty ingredients that should not be missing in any care routine. But to understand why they complement each other so well, let’s give each of the two powerful ingredients a solo appearance.
Hyaluronic Acid vs. Vitamin C: What Do They Do for Your Skin?
Hyaluronic provides your skin with a lot of moisture.
- Hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in our body. In the joints it ensures mobility, in the skin it helps to store water better. And it actually deserves the beauty Oscar for that: hyaluronic acid manages to bind 1000 times its own weight in moisture. It goes without saying that hyaluronic acid is the go-to ingredient for instantly plumped up, smoothed, soft and elastic skin.
- VitaminThe power vitamin has a lot of care benefits to offer. Vitamin C works against pigment spots, provides youthful skin as a collagen booster, and acts as an antioxidant against premature skin aging caused by environmental stressors such as UV light. The cell-protecting and brightening properties of the effective glow-getter give a tired complexion new radiance. Because vitamin C in skin care also has an anti-inflammatory and wound-healing effect, it helps to clear impure skin.
The COSPHERA Vitamin C Serum makes it particularly easy for you to use them together. It contains vegan hyaluronic acid and two particularly stable forms of high-dose vitamin C.
2. The combination of hyaluronic acid and vitamin C has these advantages!
Attention: The motto ‘together we are stronger’ does not work for all active ingredients in skin care. As a rule, it is not recommended to use highly concentrated fruit acid peelings and retinol at the same time, as this can lead to irritation and unwanted side effects.
The participating women used a face serum containing vitamin C and hyaluronic acid daily for four weeks. The result: the combination of active ingredients protected against oxidative damage, improved skin moisture and had a positive effect on the collagen content of the skin. The participants observed a visible reduction in wrinkles and found their skin to be visibly brighter and better moisturized. The way, you can read the testimonials of our customers in the article Hyaluronic Serum before and after.
3. Vitamin C or Hyaluronic Serum – which comes first?
Would you like to treat your skin to the phenomenal effects of the two ingredients right away? But one important question needs to be clarified beforehand: What is the order in which vitamin C and hyaluronic serum are used?
To decide that, you can use the following well-tried layering rule:
Alternatively, some dermatologists recommend the following sequence for vitamin C and hyaluronic acid:
- Clean face thoroughly.
- Apply Vitamin C Serum to clean, dry face and allow to absorb completely.
- Apply hyaluronic serum. If you wish, you can moisten your face slightly again so that the hyaluronic acid can develop its moisture-binding properties perfectly.
- Finish with a moisturizer to ensure the valuable ingredients remain in the skin.
Hyaluronic acid relieves dry skin and smoothest out wrinkles thanks to its hydrating properties. Vitamin C can reduce dark discoloration, protect your skin from free radical damage and stimulate collagen formation.
4. Layering made easy: vitamin C and hyaluronic acid in one product!
Do you prefer minimalism in your care routine and prefer cosmetic products that combine the benefits of the most proven skincare ingredients in effective formulations?
Our aim is to make skin care as effective, tolerable and clean as possible. That is why we rely on the know-how of experts and innovative manufacturing processes for the formulation of our active ingredient cosmetics. This is how we managed to create a vitamin C serum that combines two stable forms of vitamin C with high and low molecular weight hyaluronic acid in a revolutionary complex of active ingredients.
5. The alternative: first vitamin C serum, then face cream with hyaluronic acid
If you already use a vitamin C serum and would like to add a product with hyaluronic acid to your daily skincare ritual, opt for a moisturizer with hyaluronic acid. Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid can also be combined in this way.
Apply the moisturizer as the last care step to experience the skin-flattering effects of the carefully formulated ingredients:
- Bioflavonoids, resveratrol and organic grape seed extract have a cell-protecting effect and optimally complement the powerful antioxidant effect of best vitamin c serum in pakistan. By fighting off free radicals and other harmful environmental influences, premature skin aging is effectively prevented.
- Retinol is considered one of the most effective active ingredients for anti-aging care and flawless skin. It boosts cell regeneration and has been shown to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines. Unevenness is reduced, pores are refined and the complexion appears brighter, fresh and pure. You can read more about retinol and vitamin C here.
- Grape seed oil and organic shea butter supply the skin with valuable lipids and in this way strengthen the functions of a healthy skin protection barrier. Together with the contained hyaluronic acid, excessive water loss through the skin’s surface is effectively prevented – the complexion looks plump and healthy.
6. Does the combination of hyaluronic and vitamin C have side effects?
When using COSPHERA active ingredient cosmetics, which combine both ingredients in one formulation, side effects are unlikely. In order to ensure that our products are well tolerated, we have our skincare products dermatologically tested. Effectiveness, stability and tolerability are also our most important criteria when selecting the ingredients.
With vitamin C, it depends on which form of the power vitamin is contained in the respective product. Pure ascorbic acids a potent form of vitamin C, at the same time has the disadvantage of quickly irritating sensitive skin types. This is also the reason why we use two alternative forms of vitamin C in our products.
Efficiency of the vitamin C serum with hyaluronic acid:
The vitamin C serum is a highly concentrated active ingredient. Even with normal use after or without a peeling, the skin becomes noticeably more elastic and fresher. The efficiency can be significantly increased by various previous treatment methods. After a dermaplaning treatment, the skin can absorb active ingredients even better.
Conclusion: combine vitamin C and hyaluronic acid? Yes absolutely!
In this article we have answered the question of how vitamin C and hyaluronic acid can be combined and what fantastic benefits this care combination provides you with. If you are already using a vitamin C or hyaluronic serum. we have shown you in our tips what is important in the combination application.
An effective product that uses both active ingredients in the same formulation. The benefit from all the fantastic properties of the skincare heroes in one product.