Are you confused between cartomancy and tarot card reading? Do you want to know how cartomancy cards and tarot cards differ? If yes, then you are not alone.
At least once every Tarot enthusiast feels puzzled between cartomancy and tarot reading concepts. They compare these two methods and try to figure out the best option for prediction. However, except for the basic difference, most of the tarot readers fail to find the exact differentiation. In this post, we have shared the details about both methods. We have explained what is cartomancy, how cartomancy is different from tarot cards, and which prediction method is more useful-Tarot or Cartomancy. Take a look!
Tarot vs Cartomancy
To understand the predictive methods clearly, let us understand the basics of Cartomancy first.
What is Cartomancy?
Cartomancy is the method to predict the future using playing cards. It is considered the first form of the tarot card. As per historical records, Cartomancy was developed in the 14th century. However, it rose to prominence as a predictive tool in the 18th and 20th centuries.
If we look into the Cartomancy deck, we can see that it has 52 cards in a deck. Each card in the deck looks identical to the popular cards that we use to pick during games like bridge, poker, or go fish.
Cartomancy Card Layouts
Cartomancy deck is not divided into two types of tarot card categories. However, like tarot cards, every card in the Cartomancy deck has a specific meaning. Each number, suit, and face card answers queries & offers deep insights into your life. The Suits signify broader meanings of a life situation, the Face card depicts people in life and the Number cards speak of foreseen life events.
Cartomancy Card Interpretations
Psychic experts use the deck in multiple tarot reading spreads ranging from single cards to 21 card reading spreads. They interpret every card as per the meanings of Cartomancy suits. Here are the significant meanings of suit cards- Hearts, Diamonds, Spades, and Clubs
- Ace of Hearts: represents new relationships, and friendship
- 2 of Hearts: signifies good luck and fortune in love and relationships
- 3 of Hearts: it suggests being alert in the relationships
- 4 of Hearts: signifies significant changes or traveling possibilities are indicated.
- 5 of Hearts: it shows that someone is jealous of you and your life.
- 6 of Hearts: speaks of a surprise possibly a new love interest
- 7 of Hearts: represents the unfulfilled promises
- 8 of Hearts: points towards visitors. Likewise, show invitations of any kind.
- 9 of Hearts: it is the “wish” card that indicates coming true of a dream
- 10 of Hearts: represents a pleasant thing in the future. Good luck is indicated.
- Jack of Hearts: represents a good friend. This may be a young and blond person
- Queen of Hearts: signifies a kind and blond woman
- King of Hearts: it speaks of a helpful blond man that may offer you a piece of good advice.
- Ace of Diamonds: signifies a gift of jewelry/ a letter or message/ improvement
- 2 of Diamonds: represents a denial of a relationship or love affair
- 3 of Diamonds: indicates legal issues and domestic rifts.
- 4 of Diamonds: speaks of getting money unexpectedly possibly from an inheritance.
- 5 of Diamonds: signifies improvements and success in business. A happy domestic life is also indicated.
- 6 of Diamonds: signifies Relationship issues in the second marriage.
- 7 of Diamonds: speaks of hardships in career.
- 8 of Diamonds: indicates surprise romance or possibilities of travel in life.
- 9 of Diamonds: signifies new business opportunities and unexpected receiving of money
- 10 of Diamonds: represents financial abundance and good luck.
- Jack of Diamonds: points towards a young person who is dishonest and unreliable. Possibly a family member with light hair.
- Queen of Diamonds: indicates a woman with light hair who is outgoing and flirty.
- King of Diamonds: speaks of a strong and stubborn older man having light hair.
- Ace of Spades: signifies endings, bad luck, and misfortune.
- 2 of Spades: indicates hard decisions, deception, and changes
- 3 of Spades: speaks of any trouble in relationships such as cheating or infidelity
- 4 of Spades: signifies ailments and unfulfilled promises
- 5 of Spades: problems, hardships, and eventual success are represented.
- 6 of Spades: it shows improvement, small wins, and increment.
- 7 of Spades: any type of bad advice, despair, and loss is shown through this card
- 8 of Spades: signifies deception and danger in the future. It urges us to be cautious.
- 9 of Spades: represents misfortune, distress, and anxiety
- 10 of Spades: speaks of any bad news. It indicates problems and imprisonment.
- Jack of Spades: speaks of an immature young person having black hair.
- Queen of Spades: indicates a woman or widow with black hair.
- King of Spades: represents a selfish yet ambitious man having dark hair
- Ace of Clubs: signifies good luck in terms of money
- 2 of Clubs: speaks of hardships and gossip
- 3 of Clubs: represents a wealthy partner and a successful marriage.
- 4 of Clubs: deception or cheating by a friend is indicated
- 5 of Clubs: it represents new friends. Support in life is shown through this card.
- 6 of Clubs: signifies success and abundance and financial aid.
- 7 of Clubs: speaks of getting success in business. Potential trouble from a romantic partner is also shown.
- 8 of Clubs: represents problems in business and love life
- 9 of Clubs: indicates new admirers and opportunities. It warns against a stubborn attitude.
- 10 of Clubs: it speaks of unexpected money and traveling possibilities.
- Jack of Clubs: indicates a reliable friend with dark hair.
- Queen of Clubs: speaks of a woman who is helpful, confident, and dark-haired.
- King of Clubs: signifies strong older man with dark hair
Comparison between Cartomancy & Tarot Card Reading
Here are the main differences between Tarot card reading and Cartomancy reading.
|Uses a regular deck of playing cards.||Uses mystic cards with various images and symbols|
|Offers more definitive answers||It offers a wide view of situations and possibilities.|
|No Major and Minor Arcana cards division except 4 suits, each suit having 13 cards.||The deck is divided into 22 Major and 56 Minor Arcana cards. There are 4 suits in Minor arcana with 14 cards in each suit.|
|It has 52 cards in a deck.||It has 78 cards in the deck.|
|Big themes are shown up through spades, hearts, clubs, and diamonds.||Big breakthroughs and life lessons are indicated by the Major Arcana cards.|
|Direct clear-cut guidance in divinatory readings.||Specific hidden meanings that can be interpreted by intuitive energy.|
|Offers a black and white approach to reading.||More intuitive and useful in psychic readings|
Which is Best, Cartomancy or Tarot Card Reading?
If you want to know how to deal with problems and what are the foreseen possibilities for success, then tarot reading is the best. While to gain accurate insights into future events or find definite answers to questions, Cartomancy cards work ideal. These mystic playing cards are simple with limited symbols. They don’t have hidden meanings to offer various interpretations. They can offer clearer and precise answers to the questions. In nutshell, if you are looking for a new form of divination to try, then Cartomancy cards can be your best pick to make your predictive readings very exciting.
Moreover, it is up to you what you choose. Both the forms of divination, i.e. Tarot and Cartomancy are equally powerful and strong with their own merits and usefulness.