No matter what the situation is Canada is always on the go for improving its economy day by day. This does not mean the country is carelessly calling everyone and anyone despite the unforeseen conditions prevailing all over the world. Here, people are not left alone and are considered an important part of the Canadian family. That’s why Canada’s focus is to bring skilled and qualified people (who can be the master of one trade!) to contribute towards their growing economy. The Maple Country is still accepting work permit applications (because hello! The world needs to move on, right?).
Do you know that Work Visa Canada is issued under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)? The TFWP is intended to help Canadian employers recruit foreign workers in response to labour market shortages. There are four streams with which TFWP is made: High-skilled workers, low-skilled workers, the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program, and the Live-in Caregiver Program. (Don’t panic, we will let you know these programs in detail sometime later!).
Get your Canada Work Visa in these simple steps!!
- Select your Work Permit
Please understand (not in a scolding way!) that a type of Canada Work Visa you apply for depends on the nature of your employment. Most common are:
- Open Work Permit- With this work permit, you can work for any employer in Canada; and
- Employer-specific Work Permit- With this work permit, you can work according to certain specifications including your employer’s name, length of work permit and your location of employment.
- Check your eligibility
Aajkal, checking for eligibility is extremely important to live and work in Canada (or anywhere else!). To apply for Work Visa Canada, you must:
- Be able to prove that you will leave Canada once your work permit expires
- Have proof of funds to support yourself and your family members for your stay in Canada
- Don’t have any criminal record (Else, seedha you will be rejected!)
- Be in good health (need a medical report to show that you’re healthy)
- Ensure that your employer is eligible to employ you
- Submit your application
When you’re ready with your application, it’s time to submit! No, don’t go personally like in a post-office to submit your application! It is best to apply for Work Visa Canada online. This way you’ll surely save courier fees and reduce your application time instantly.
Who all are invited to come into Canada amid lockdown by land or air?
- Temporary workers who hold a valid work permit or who are approved with a valid work permit but have not yet been issued.
- Foreign workers who have not yet activated their work permits must have a valid job offer to enter
- A worker who has already activated their work permits and was outside Canada (due to reasons best known to them) do not require a valid work job offer to re-enter
- As you know COVID-19 is on a different trip altogether, so if you’re travelling by air, you need to follow all airline requirements and pass a health check conducted by airlines before you’re allowed to board your flight. If god forbid, you show symptoms you will not allow entering Canada by air.
- When you arrive in Canada, they will assess your health before you leave the airport. Get quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory for every person irrespective of symptoms or no symptoms.
Bas? Is this so simple? Naa!!! Peeps, please know that there is a difference in theory and practicality. Till the time, you are not guided well and do not know about the Work Visa Canada, any written note will be of no good! It’s better to seek help from experts in this field, who are there to guide you in every aspect of your work visa application.