Generally, many users find it very difficult to import vCard to Outlook with multiple contacts, As by doing this, it takes a lot of time and effort. A person may have thousands of contact files stored in the system. If his tries to transfer them one by one then it may take a lot of time.
Therefore, it is necessary to merge all the contacts in a single file of vCard. Once all the contacts with the complete information have been merged in a single file then they can be imported to Outlook application.
Now, the contacts have been merged in a vCard or VCF file. In order to import them to Outlook, it is required to convert them into CSV file format.
There are two methods to import vCard to Outlook with multiple contacts. The first method is the manual method and the second method is the automated tool.
There are three steps involved in which you need to create a single VCF file with merged contacts, convert it to CSV file and then import a converted CSV file with multiple contacts to Outlook.
Read Also – Importance of Tech and Internet
Merge all the contacts into one VCF file
- Keep all the contacts in the C:\ drive in a folder and name the folder as ‘MyContacts’.
- Open the command prompt window by using ‘Windows key +R’. When the window opens then type cmd and press enter.
- In the command prompt window, type cd C:\MyContacts and then press enter.
- Now type copy/B *.vcf all_in_one .vcf and then press enter.
- Now you will see that all the contacts get merged in one single file named as all_in_one .vcf. The command prompt will show the message ‘1 file(s) copied’.
- You can close the window and see the newly created file in the folder ‘MyContacts’.
Import of VCF/vCard file in the Gmail account
- Login into the Gmail account.
- Click on ‘Contacts’ under the Google apps.
- On the left pane of the page, click on ‘Import’ option.
- Now, you will have to navigate and open the VCF file.
- The contacts will get imported in VCF format.
Conversion of VCF to CSV file format
The following are the steps involved in converting the VCF file to CSV file format using Gmail account:
- Log in into Gmail account.
- Go to the Contacts under the Google apps drop down list.
- On the left pane of the page, click on ‘Export’.
- Select the contacts to be exported and the file format as Outlook CSV. Then, click on ‘Export’.
- Now the contact list will be exported and downloaded.
- The contacts list will be saved in the default location.
- You may now save the contacts list in the desired location.
Move CSV file format contacts list to Outlook using Import and Export Wizard
- Open the MS Outlook. Go to File and click on ‘Import and Export’.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, you need to click on ‘Import form another program or file’ and then click on ‘Next’.
- In the Import a file window, you need select file type to import from as ‘Comma Separated Values(Windows) and then click on ‘Next’.
- Click on Browse button and search for the location where the CSV file is stored in the system. Select ‘Do not import duplicate items’ and then click on ‘Next’ button.
- You need to click on the folder where you want to save the contacts file. Here, you can click on ‘Contacts’ folder and then click on ‘Next’ button.
- Finally click on ‘Finish’ button to complete the process.
Now your contacts list file will get completely exported to the ‘Contacts’ folder of the Outlook application.
Limitations of the manual method
- It requires the technical expertise to complete the import process.
- It is a lengthy and time consuming process.
- There is a possibility of losing the data during the process.
- The file format may get corrupted resulting in loss of data.
Automated Tool: Import vCard to Outlook with Multiple Contacts
The vCard Converter is a professional tool that can easily import the VCF files into the Outlook application. This tool does not cause any limitation as compared to the manual method. It ensures that the transfer takes place without the loss of the data.
What does vCard importer do over the manual method?
- Easily import the multiple vCard contacts to Outlook.
- There are multiple import options such as Save in new PST, New Outlook Profile or Existing PST.
- There is no hindrance while executing the import function.
- The tool contains the complete information such as names, email ids and phone number with the data intact.
Some of the prominent features of vCard importer are as follows:
- It allows the transfer of the vCard files to Outlook in batches.
- The toolkit creates and generates instant summary or report of import done.
- It provides the multiple import options like:
- Save in existing MS Outlook PST file
- Save directly into MS Outlook profile
- Create new PST MS Outlook profile
In the above blog, you have learnt about the different methods to import vCard to Outlook with multiple contacts. On comparing the manual method with the automated method, it has been observed that the automated tool provides quick, reliable and multiple import options in contrast to the manual method. However, you can take your decision wisely only after making the careful analysis.