Out there in the wild
How To Reach Sasan Gir National Park?- It has been your longtime dream to visit the land of mighty lions. This area used to be a popular hunting ground for the Britishers when India was under British rule. If you want to enjoy viewing wildlife then Gir National Park is the perfect answer in your case. This has been, and it still is the home to the majestic Asiatic Lions. These majestic cats have been attracting thousands and thousands of visitors every year from various parts of the country. Once you are inside the park, then you can take the resort to Jeep Safari for taking tours. A host of commuting choices exists for the tourists.
How to Reach Gir National Park By Air?
The two airports which are closer to the Gir National park are Keshod and Rajkot. Keshod Airport is located about 70 kilometers, and the Rajkot Airport is situated about 160 kilometers from the park. You may board your flight to any of these airports. After that bus or cab facilities are available from both of these airports to take you directly to the park. You can also choose a flight from New Delhi to Porbandar. Again from there, you can opt for the bus services or a cab to reach the Gir National Park. The journey from Porbandar to Gir will take around two to two and a half hours of driving.
How To Reach Gir Forest By Road?
Quite a few people find traveling by road route appealing. Since the conditions of the roads are of high-grade quality the journey by roads becomes all the more relaxing. The Gir National Park connects most of the well-known states of the nation by roads. You can avail of bus services which are operated by the state. Private bus services are also available. Generally, these bus services run at frequent intervals. From the prominent cities of Gujarat, you will find a host of cab services to the Gir National Park.
How To Reach Sasan Gir National Park By Rail?
The two stations in close proximity to the Gir National Park are Veraval and Junagadh. There are no direct train services from New Delhi to either Veraval or Junagadh. You can take the train from New Delhi to go to Ahmedabad or Rajkot. Some of the significant destinations in Gujarat are directly connected to these stations. From Veraval or Junagadh stations you can take a taxi or bus ride. The total duration of such trips will be around one and a half to two hours. From the Rajkot station, the distance to the Gir National Park is around 165 kilometers. By road, the entire range can be covered within a span of three and a half to four hours.
You should organize your trip in such a manner to have an enjoyable journey. Get ready to enjoy a fun-filled vacation amid wildlife by taking care of the logistics well in advance.
To reduce the disturbance from tourism in the main sanctuary area, and to facilitate tourists to understand the importance of Gir and its wildlife, and interpretation zone has been created at Devalia. This comprises 412 ha of chain-link fenced area which is ‘Gir in a nutshell’, covering all habitat types and all major representatives of the wildlife of Gir. The basic aim of creating this facility is to provide an opportunity to view lions and other animals in their natural habitat within a short period and reduce tourist pressure on the sanctuary. The area has a good quantity of prey base in the form of Spotted Deers, Blue Bulls, Wild Boars, Blackbucks, Sambars, and Chinkaras. Spotting a Lion in its savanna habitat is a treat to the eyes for wildlife. A good variety of grassland, as well as forest avifauna, is also spotted in the area. 20-30 Indian Vultures are regular visitors here.
Sasan Gir Safari Timing:
7:30 AM to 8 AM 10:30 AM to 11 AM
8 AM to 8:30 AM 3 PM to 3:30 PM
8:30 AM to 9 AM 3:30 PM to 4 PM
9 AM to 9:30 AM 4 PM to 4:30 PM
9:30 AM to 10 AM 4:30 PM to 5 PM
10 AM to 10:30 AM
Important Information to know before Devalia Gypsy Safari Booking:
- 100% of total Devalia bus safari permits are available online only, on spot booking is not allowed.
Advance booking starts 90 days before the safari date, so kindly book your gypsy as early as possible.
- Devalia bus safari will be conducted in a closed bus.
- Safari Price: Rs. 250 per person (Indian) / Rs. 4000 per person (Foreigner)
- This cost does not include the guide charges i.e. Rs. 400
- Camera Fee: Rs. 200 (Indians) & Rs. 1400 (Foreigners) has to be paid before the safari starts.
- To ensure the safety of visitors, seating capacity in the vehicle is reduced to half.
- Guest Details required for booking: Full name, age, gender, ID Proof (Passport/VoterID/Driving
- License/Aadhar Card) number of all the visitors. (Pan Card is not allowed)
- Visitors need to compulsorily carry the same identity proof given at the time of booking, the forest
- officer will check before your safari. In case of any mismatch, your safari will not be conducted and
- no refunds will be given.
- Visitors are requested to reach Sasan Gir Reception Center (Sinh Sadan) at least before 30 minutes before your scheduled safari time.
- Devalia Bus Safari remains closed every Wednesday.