The US EB 5 visa program was created in the year 1990 by the Immigration Act of 1990. Today, this program provides a way for eligible immigrant investors to become permanent residents of the United States lawfully or become green card holders by investing at least $900,000 to finance a business that hires at least ten American workers. This program is also known as employment-based fifth preference category or immigrant investor program. There are a massive number of investors that use this program by investing in a targeted employment area that is a rural area with high unemployment which reduces the amount of investment.
The main aim of this program is to encourage both foreign investments and economic growth. EB 5 visa program is one of five employment-based preference programs in the United States. Applicants have an option to invest individually, or they can select to work a larger investor pool via regional centers, which can be approved by third-party intermediaries that interlink foreign investors with developers who are seeking funding and take a commission. These regional centers can be private, for-profit businesses that are approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, shortly known as USCIS, which is the part of the Department of Homeland Security.
In the year 2011, there were around 883 USCIS-approved regional centers. Then, in the year 2014, the majority of EB 5 visas were granted to regional centers. So, in 2015, the EB 5 program has become a highly important source of capital for developers and regional centers as well. In case, if an EB 5 investment is made in a regional center, the jobs are created indirectly via economic activity, as opposed to a direct investment where the investment vehicle should directly hire ten or more workers of the United States.
According to the survey, 78,278 investors have applied for EB 5 visa program in the year 2020, and the majority of them have selected EB5 real estate project. In general, foreign investors come from countries like China, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom. Some of the applicants are from India, Vietnam, Brazil, Mexico, and Nigeria. There are so many benefits of choosing this program. Hence, if you are interested in investing in the US economy, but want more clarity, here are some of the benefits that will help you make the right decision:
- One of the simplest, convenient, and fastest ways to get permanent residency in the US for foreign investors and their families is EB 5 visa program.
- This program gives freedom to work, study, and retire anywhere in the United States, without any limits such as different states such as Florida and Texas, with no state income tax.
- The next benefit is education benefits for children such as access to public elementary, middle, and high schools, and low-cost in-state tuition at public colleges as well as universities.
- No need of sponsor.
- No H-1 work visa is required for employment.
- Investment on a project must be at risk. However, it can be protected by collateral in real estate projects to reduce downside risk.
- When it comes to any political event in the investor’s home country, they can get entry to the United States.
- Potential for US citizenship after a minimum of 5 years of established permanent residency in the United States
Presently, there are several companies that help foreign investors in getting their EB 5 visa without any hassle. Get in touch with a reliable service provider to make your process easier and smooth.