While working on different accounting functions such as opening a state/federal form, downloading payroll update processing, and paying scheduled liabilities, the user might face this message “File Exists Error in QuickBooks” or “The Windows error was the file exists” which indicating to this error. It appears on the screen to tell you that a specific file you won’t able to open. In this article, we discussed how to get rid of this error to start all over processing again.
Causes – Behind this Error:
The QuickBooks 2020 windows Error the file Exists occurs due to several reasons. Before reaching to troubleshooting, you must know the causes behind this error.
- Improper QuickBooks installation and Firewall settings may cause this error issue
- Slow and inactive internet connection
- Due to wrong configured internet security settings
- QuickBooks desktop outdated version
- When QuickBooks is being interrupted by Window user account control
Troubleshooting Methods to fix this problematic issue:
From windows settings, you have to Turn Off User Account Control with these following steps
- To open the run window, you have to press on “window + R key” simultaneously.
- Go to the Search box of the Run window and then write “Control Panel” .
- Proceed forward with an OK click and then go to the Search bar (located at the top of the Control Panel).
- After that, locate for user’s account.
- Hit your next click on the “Change user account control settings”’.
- Click on the YES button and move your slider down to turn off UAC or to never notify.
- At last, restart your system and update the QuickBooks Payroll with new settings.
To figure out this issue, you have to check QuickBooks Updates Desktop Application Updates
- First of all, open the QuickBooks Desktop and then click on “Product Information”.
- The next step is to select the appropriate QuickBooks version as well as year.
- After that, hit your click on the “Search” button and choose the “Latest updates” choice.
- Create a folder and save the file.
- Hit your next double click on the “Installation” Files so you can easily run the updated process.
- At last, restart your PC with updated configurations.
The another alternative is to re-install the QuickBooks Desktop
- The first thing you have to do press the window + R key and open the run box.
- Then hit your double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Then choose the “Uninstall” option from the drop-down menu and click on it.
- After that, follow on-screen instructions to delete the QuickBooks from the windows.
- The thing is to do download the “Clean Install Tool” from any authorized website save the file on your system.
- And then utilize for QuickBooks installing process.
To fix this error issue, re-register the QuickBooks.DLL and.OCX file utilizing Reboot.Bat File.
- Firstly, you have to exit yourself from the QuickBooks Desktop Application
- Hit the double-click on the QB icon and then select “Properties”.
- Then open the file location and locate the reboot.bat file and then select “Run as administrator”.
- Wait until the black color command will pop-up on to scroll all the files.
- Now, you have to restart your system and check you are all resolved with this issue.
The above pieces of information hold all alternatives to repair this error as quickly as possible. Thank you for visiting and spending your valuable time on this blog post. We hope this will help you get rid of QuickBooks 2020 windows Error the file Exists issue. In case you are still unable to fix the error then,call our QB support team for the instant help at +1844-313-4856 or you can do live online QuickBooks chat with our support team.