A day without a bowel movement isn’t necessarily a cause of harm. But, if your child is experiencing chronic constipation, then your little ones need attention. Today, constipation is among the most common gastrointestinal problems affecting children. A constipated child has infrequent bowel movements and hard, dry stools that cause discomfort & pain. However, opting for the best Homeopathic medicine for constipation addresses the root cause without causing any side effects. And if you are wondering what causes constipation and what symptoms indicate that your child suffers from it, think no further. Scroll down to learn all about constipation in children and how Homeopathy can help!
Constipation is commonly observed in:
- Infants at weaning (a baby moves from breastfeeding to other sources of nourishment)
- Toddlers acquiring toilet skills
Types of Constipation in Children
There are 2 main types of constipation:
- Organic Constipation –It is a fancy way of describing when painful poops occur because of certain diseases. Organic is a rare type of constipation and might include celiac disease, thyroid problems, or other disorders.
- Functional Constipation –Most children have functional constipation. It can happen when children hold back bowel movements or have certain gastrointestinal infections.
Functional constipation results from withholding behaviors such as a fear of pain or discomfort from pooping or a lack of awareness of the body’s signs of needing to poop have led to significant discomfort for the child.
Homeopathy for constipation treatment is effective in both acute and chronic cases of constipation. Furthermore, it brings the functionality of the bowels back to normal.
What Causes Constipation in Children?
Constipation in children could be due to various reasons. Some of the causes are listed below:
- Low fiber intake
- Less water intake
- Erratic meal timings
- Toilet phobia
- Family history of constipation
- Abuse or traumatic experience
- Underfeeding or malnutrition
- Excessive parental interventions
- Consuming plenty of dairy products
- Hormonal imbalances like hypothyroidism
- Certain medicines and dietary supplements
- Unhealthy diet, which comprises high-fat & junk foods
- Some of the rare causes are tumors, lactose intolerance, or spinal cord injury
Taking the best Homeopathic medicines for constipation can strengthen the sluggish intestines. Moreover, Homeopathy for constipation treatment reduces the recurrence and gives long-lasting relief.
Symptoms of Constipation in Children
Constipation symptoms can be chronic for some, while others rarely experience it. Homeopathy for constipation treatment can cure the following symptoms, if any:
- Hard, dry stools
- Stools are infrequent, less than 3 times a week
- Experiencing pain or strain during excretion
- The sensation of incomplete voidance
- Occasionally vomiting
- Some children may complain of abdominal pain and sometimes nausea
- Severe constipation may cause a tear in the rectum leading to bleeding
- Decreased appetite
- Inexplicable weight loss
- Irritable, crankiness, and unhappy
Bristol Stool Scale
A Bristol stool scale is a diagnostic medical tool that categorizes human feces into seven categories. Ideally, children should have soft bowel movements each day that resemble Types 3 through 6.
The 7 types of stool are:
Type 1 – Separate hard lumps, like nuts (hard to pass)
Type 2 – Sausage-shaped but lumpy
Type 3 – Like a sausage but with cracks on its surface
Type 4 – Like a sausage or snake, smooth and soft
Type 5 – Soft blobs with clear-cut edges (easy to pass)
Type 6 – Fluffy pieces with ragged edges, a mushy stool
Type 7 – Watery, no solid pieces, entirely liquid
Types 1 & 2 indicate constipation, whereas 3 & 4 are ideal stools as they are easy to defecate without excessive liquid content. In contrast, 5 tending towards diarrhea, and 6 & 7 indicate diarrhea.
Diagnosis of Constipation
A proper clinical history and physical examinations usually suffice to diagnose constipation. Depending upon the child’s age, you might be asked questions such as:
- How often does your child have bowel movements?
- What foods does your child eat?
- Is your child experiencing pain during bowel movements?
- Have you been trying to toilet-train your toddler lately?
- Have there been any stressful or traumatic events in your child’s life lately?
- How often does your child poop in their pants?
The health care provider may also suggest tests to check for further problems. The following are some types to undergo to prescribe the best Homeopathic medicine for constipation:
- Blood and urine tests
- Imaging tests like CT or MRI
- Colorectal transit studies
- Other bowel function tests like defecography & barium enema X-ray
5 Useful Tips to Manage Constipation in Infants
Besides taking Homeopathic medicine for constipation, let us look at some tips to help counter the problem:
- Keep the baby active – encourage crawling & walking
- Bicycle baby’s legs
- Feed only breast milk
- Avoid giving any grains before 10 months of age
- Massage the tummy in a circular motion by using little coconut or castor oil
5 Useful Tips to Manage Constipation in Children
- Add probiotic-rich foods like yogurt to diet
- Encourage your child to drink more water
- Reduce the quantity of milk
- Take your child for a short walk after dinner
- Fruits with skin, like apples, pears can mitigate the condition
Why Excel Pharma for Constipation Treatment in Homeopathy?
At Excel Pharma, we offer some of the best Homeopathic medicine for constipation at affordable prices. Here, we provide E-Constipation Drops (AKG-04), one of the best Homeopathic medicines for short-term and chronic cases of constipation.
Moreover, it helps facilitate good digestive health and regular intestinal movements, treat hard stools, straining, the left desire to pass the stools even after passing the bowels, and many such problems.
Most of the time, home remedies, simple dietary & lifestyle changes, abdominal massage, and having 6-8 glasses of water/ day restore the child’s daily trip to the toilet. However, even after changing the diet and lifestyle factors, if it persists, then Homeopathic medicine for constipation is the best option to go with.
The beauty of Homeopathy for constipation treatment is that it is non-habit forming as laxatives. Furthermore, it helps treats the patient’s anxiety levels, which can cause or increase constipation. A homeopath scientifically monitors a patient’s case and counsels on an exercise regimen and a nutritional plan to help patients with their constipation.
Call or WhatsApp us at (+91) 9815567678 for online or offline consultations from our expert. Following the consultation with the doctor, you can easily order your Homeopathic medicine for Constipation at your address.