Sole Rep Visa is one of the best routes for the individuals who are entering the UK to bootstrap their business presence in the UK by establishing a wholly-owned subsidiary or registering a UK branch for an overseas business company. However, this business immigration route is also appropriate for overseas media companies who have been posted on a long-term assignment to the UK by their employers as an overseas worker.
The Representative of an overseas media employee has a major consideration where the prospective sole rep must have been recruited outside the UK by a Media Company.
A prospective Sole Rep must:
- Be from Non-EEA or outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
- Have sufficient money without resorting to public funds.
- Meet the English requirements and other general requirements
An Overseas Media Employee’s Eligibility Requirements
- The prospective sole rep must be employed outside the UK.
- The applicant must be sent to represent the company in the UK.
- The applicant must be based in the UK and dedicatedly working on a UK long-term assignment.
- decisions on the company’s behalf.
- The applicant must not accept any sort of employment in the UK, except for the overseas company.
- The applicant must meet the financial and other general requirements.
- The prospective sole rep must also satisfy the English language requirement.
- The prospective sole rep are usually journalists but there are other employees like producers or front-of-camera personnel which are a part of the media house.
Knowledge of English
The prospective sole rep must prove knowledge of the English language by clearing an approved English Language Test with Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level A1 in speaking and listening. The applicant can also have an academic qualification recognized by UK NARIC (the designated body for the recognition of international qualifications and professional skills in the UK), which is equivalent to the UK bachelor’s degree or master’s degree or Ph.D.
The prospective representative of an overseas Media’s Employee must provide
- A current passport or other valid travel identification documents.
- Evidence of financial ability of themselves and their dependents accompanied during the trip.
- Comprehensive details of accommodation during the stay.
- Pieces of evidence to support the English requirement.
- Tuberculosis test results
- A Certified translation, which includes passports, , letters from a government department, photocard-driving licenses, credit card statements, letters from a hospital/doctor signed council tax bills. The documents must be signed and dated by a professional person like councilor, bank or building society official, solicitors or notary, minister of religion, and chartered accountant.
Also Read – Business Immigration from India to the UK
The overseas Media employee house does not need to demonstrate any financial ability in order to proceed with a Sole Rep Visa of their applicants, nor does the applicant need to offer any financial resource for undertaking UK long-term assignments. The Parent company is expected to fund the activities. However, the sole rep must prove that they can meet general maintenance requirements while staying in the UK.
How AY & J can help you?
All set to undertake UK long-term assignment, look no further than A Y & J. A Y & J Solicitors is a leading UK immigration law firm that deals with a wide array of business immigration matters with different degrees of complexities right from immigration document checklist to relocation and post-landing support in the UK. A Y & J Solicitors is a multi-award winning firm with a decade of experience, recommended by Legal 500, a boutique immigration Law firm based in Central London. Our qualified immigration solicitors are specialists in UK employment & immigration law. Get in touch with one of the qualified lawyers to begin preparation well-in-advance. For more information regarding advice and assistance for representatives of an overseas business visa, please call us now on +442074047933 or contact us.