,In the 21st century, women are moving forward and upward at high speed. Whether it’s politics, the entertainment industry, or the corporate culture, women rock everywhere! We are independent, smart, and stylish all in one. Many young women out there are looking forward to kick-starting their careers and fulfil their dreams. However, if you’re looking forward to starting a career or join a new organization, you may have to learn about the formal clothes for women. Corporate culture is not all about being good at your job but also being good at everything. Even the way you style!
Earlier in history, working women were considered as the daring ones who dare to be different. Women’s formal clothing styles were also objected to and questioned. But now, as the times have passed and we are in the 21st century, a woman can dress however she wishes to! Just keeping some points in mind will help her not cross the thin line between being professional and unprofessional.
Dressing up to look utmost professional and chic. Being comfortable is the main goal of every working woman out there who is dressing up for work. In this article, I will share some amazing tips with you to follow while styling formal clothes for women that will surely help you stand out as a professional working woman and look your best altogether!
Best ways to style formal clothes for women-
Below mentioned are some amazing tips that will make you look chic and stylish even in formal business clothes!
- Wear different styles- Commonly, it has been observed that working personnel may find it hard and hectic to include a variety of formal wear in their closet. You may find it time-consuming and unnecessary. But wearing the same clothes styles regularly to work may make you look dull and boring. It is necessary to keep a variety of formal wear in your work closet and mix and match them throughout the week.
For example- If you usually wear formal pants-suits to work, so you can also go for formal skirt suits for women; this way, you can use the same blazer with different bottoms- pants or skirts. Hence, looking different while maintaining your style quotient!
- Add colourful layers- Adding jackets, blazers, overcoats, or scarfs to your outfits can really bring out the class and sassiness of the outfit and uplift its vibe. Always remember when adding layers to your outfit, make sure that each layer is comfortable, breathable, and is contrasting with your outfit shades.
For example- Over a basic cotton top and trouser outfit, you can add up a scarf in summer or a long overcoat in winters to steal the look and slay as you step in the room!
- Experiment with your look- If someone asks you to watch the same episode of the same show regularly, wouldn’t you get bored? That is what happens when people see you wearing the same kind and style of outfits and colour contrasts daily. So it would be best if you never stop experimenting with your look. Go for new styles and prints, wear printed t-shirts and formal evening dresses to spice up your look once in a while on special occasions like official events. You can also explore colour and patterns pallets online or go with the latest trends.
- Pre-select your outfits- An important piece of advice while dressing in formal clothes for women is pre-selecting the outfits the previous night of a busy early work morning. For example, let’s say you have an important business meeting the next morning. Which you surely wouldn’t want to get late to while dressed improperly for the same. So, that is why it is advised to pre-select and set your formal outfit, for a busy morning so that you won’t have to be all worked up on an important day. Make sure your outfit is well ironed and wrinkle-free as a wrinkly and ironed piece of cloth. That may make you look irresponsible and unprofessional.
- Embrace your body type- One rule of buying or getting the formal wear for women designed is always to keep note of your body type and size. No matter what type or size of your body is, it is perfect. But not every outfit is perfect for it. So you should identify your body type and shop for formal women’s clothes And if possible, I suggest you get your professional wardrobe designed and hand-stitched by a tailor as per your body measurements; this will ensure that the outfit perfectly embraces your body.
Pro-tip- Your official clothes should never be too fit or too loose to your body; they should always be just perfectly fit. It not only embraces your body curves but also helps you feel comfortable and breezy throughout the day!
- Keep makeup minimal- While dressing up or getting ready for your workplace, always remember you should not overdo your makeup and hairstyle. Instead, you can go for a simple and minimal makeup look that will make you look fresh and clean. And for hairstyle, you can try out making a sleek high ponytail as it goes well with every outfit. And gives a classy and sophisticated look.
- Accessorize elegantly- Wearing heavy and fancy accessories to an office setting may come out as you being unprofessional. Always try to accessorize your outfit minimally and elegantly. You can go for female watches, thin bracelets, chic rings, and classy earrings (avoid hanging ones). And when it comes to your carry partner, you can take up an elegant pastel shade or black coloured handbag. Which will complement all your outfits!
- Get some plain white shirts for the official wardrobe- Shop and buy some plain white shirts for your regular formal wear wardrobe, as you can pair them up with a blazer or jacket and skirt or pants to make up an entirely different outfit. Therefore, a button-down shirt is an essential and perfect clothing piece to invest your money in!
- Styling practices to avoid- Here are some below mentioned styling tips that you should avoid following while getting ready for office. Here they are-
- Wearing deep necklines in your outfits
- Wearing strapless tops
- Heavy sequin dresses (you may seem overdressed)
- Wearing short crop or tank tops
- Sheer fabric clothes
- Poorly sized outfits- Oversized or tightly fitted.
One of the most important factors to remember while dressing for the workplace is to get an outfit. That will embrace your body curves. Even a perfectly designed and styled chic outfit can get ruined if not stitched per your body type. Always try to choose outfits as per your body size or get them stitched by custom tailors to fit you. And flatter your body type perfectly.
Wrapping up with these important and extremely recommended tips, every working lady. Should regularly follow to get the most out of her formal wear wardrobe. Even if you’ve started working now or if you’re already a working woman. It’s never too late to get things right. I hope you learnt something new and valuable from this article. And it will help you slay the formal look you desire!
Hoping that the tips I shared above will help you create and design your perfectly comfortable and stylish professional wardrobe with suitable formal wear for women! So, stay safe, stay in style!