While walking on any pedestrian street keeping your eyes closed, naturally you may find it extremely unsafe. There will be various kinds of sound that will surround you and you will naturally remain very anxious, but this is actually part of the regular life of almost millions of blind people installation of any road stud.
Just think about those disadvantaged blind people who cannot see anything. Don’t you think like a normal healthy person, you have got an obligation for them and take care of their sidewalk, and help them to walk safely on the road?
Usually, blind sidewalks consist of 2 kinds of bricks:
- A strip guide brick for guiding the blind to walk ahead
- A dot prompts brick to remind these blind people that an obstacle is ahead of them or now it is time for them to turn.
Also read: Stainless tactile pads
Various tactile warning strips from OLEJAR have the following properties:
- Water retention
- Water permeability
- Sound absorption
- Abrasion resistance
- Noise reduction
- Flexural resistance
- Compression resistance
There are 3 main types of such tactile paving available:
- The strip-shaped directional type of guiding brick guides blind people to safely move forward, which is known as processing tactile paving
- The prompting brick has a dot that indicates, there is a certain obstacle ahead of the blind, hence they should turn around
- The next is danger warning guide brick for your blind road. This brick, having larger dots, is meant for alerting blind people so that they should not surpass it.
Also check: Self adhesive tactiles
The following is the correct method of installing such tactile on the road:
- Proper placement and safe installation of tactile paving can be a top priority that no one should ignore. The ratio between people meant for safety and people meant for installation must be 1:1. To construct them on any unopened sections, this ratio should be 1:3.
- Decide the position to install these metal road studs, also ensure that your installation position is properly leveled. For any roads having expansion and contraction, uneven and crack parts, the roads must be smoothed and leveled in advance.
- Properly clean the location of installation with a brush, and ensure that your location of installation is dry.
- Take the right amount of glue for applying on these road studs evenly.
- Press the road studs tightly on the position of the installation to ensure your direction is correct. Clean it up if there is any extra glue.
- For a cast aluminum road stud having a stem, ensure that the hole depth is bigger than the stem depth by 1cm, and the hole diameter is more than the stem diameter by 2mm.
- Within 2 hours, a tour must be done after the installation of road studs to ensure that entire road studs will not be crooked, reversed because of any pressure or installation problem.
- After curing the road studs for 4 hours, then remove all the isolation facilities for installation.
The installation of any road stud may not be a difficult matter, but every detail will need attention. They play a major role to ensure the quality requirements as well as road stud‘s service life.