Umrah is a sacred religious pilgrimage performed Muslims to the holy city of Makkah. Pilgrims usually create a list of necessary things to do before Umrah. So that nothing is forgotten on their journey to Allah’s house. After Hajj, it is the holiest journey for the devout Muslims. The journey is entirely voluntary and can be done at any time of year.
Every Muslim wants to go on this spiritual journey at least once in their lifetime. The pilgrimage’s primary purpose is to seek Allah’s forgiveness and to purify oneself of mortal sins. Before booking the best February Umrah packages 2022, there are many preparations and things to do those first-time pilgrims may not be aware of. A little initiation can go a long way toward making your pilgrimage to Allah’s house a memorable & spiritually rewarding experience.
How Should You Prepare For Umrah?
Pilgrims can prepare for a fruitful journey by doing the following things:
- The most important thing to do before performing Umrah is to know the rules of Ihram, a spiritual state that pilgrims must enter before performing Umrah. Before going to Umrah, pilgrims must be familiar with several Ihram rites and rituals, which are somewhat different for men and women.
- Understanding various Duas and Surahs, as well as their meanings.
- Saying Salat al-Tawbah – the prayer of repentance in which one seeks Allah for forgiveness with a pure heart.
- Know how to say Salat ul-Janaza, the funeral prayer.
- Forgiving others and seeking forgiveness from those who have wronged.
- Learning about Umrah and the Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) histories.
- Make a list of duas for family and friends. Making these supplications in the most sacred place increases their chances of acceptance. Duas, on the other hand, must be offered with true intentions and a malicious-free heart & mind.
Tips To Make Umrah A Memorable & Spiritual Rewarding Experience
The majority of first-time Umrah pilgrims are unaware of what to do before their pilgrimage. To make your religious pilgrimage memorable, a few important things must be done well before.
- Virtually visiting Makkah’s sacred places. Pilgrims can visit other holy sites in Makkah and Madina after performing the Umrah. Muslims consider a variety of ziyarats, or pilgrimage places, to be sacred and holy. Some of them are as follows:
The cave of Thaur, also known as Ghar-e-Saur, is where the Holy Prophet (SAWW) spent 3 days and 3 nights with Hazrat Abu Bakar (RA). It happened during the time of migrating from Makkah to Madina.
While the house of Abu Jahal no longer exists, it is still visited by many pilgrims. Abu Jahal, whose real name was Omar ibn Hisham, was a staunch enemy of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). The Prophet SAWW declared him as the Pharaoh of the Ummah.
The Ayesha mosque serves as a Meeqat, a place where Umrah or Hajj pilgrims can put on their Ihram clothes and start their journey. This is the place where Ayesha (RA), Muhammad’s (PBUH) wife, entered Ihram to start Umrah. It is also called the “Taneem Mosque”.
Jabl-e-Rehmah is a mountain in the Arafat valley that is also known as Mount of Mercy or Mount Arafat. It’s just outside the Makkah, and it’s where Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) gave his final sermon after the completion of the Hajj.
- Making reservations ahead of time can help you avoid last-minute mishaps. Annually, millions of Muslims make the pilgrimage. Because of its enormous popularity, there are seasons when finding rooms in Makkah hotels is extremely difficult.
- Pilgrims must focus on physical fitness in order to accomplish Umrah. A total distance of at least 4.2 kilometers must be covered on foot.
- As a result, one of the most important things to do before Umrah is to start taking long walks and focusing on proper breathing techniques. It takes a lot of stamina and willpower to walk such great distances in humid weather.
Umrah preparation entails focusing on one’s mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. All the above-mentioned things you should do before Umrah will make you prepare for a life-changing experience.
What Impacts Does Umrah Have on a Muslim’s Life?
What Is the Importance of Umrah in the Life of a Muslim?
Umrah and Hajj are both significant Ibadahs. They are probably more difficult to perform than the others, but the difficulty never stands in the way of Muslims practicing faith. They continue to strive for the opportunity to perform Umrah or Hajj at least once in their lifetime.
Therefore, everything is depending upon Allah’s will (SWT). Those who are chosen experience a significant and positive change in their lives. Umrah has a significant impact on the lives of Muslim people.
So, book one of the Best & Affordable June Umrah Packages 2022 that suits you best, from the well-known travel company “Muslims Holy Travel”, and you will get the most significant & positive changes in your life.
Exposure Is More Important
If you are a Muslim who has never visited the holy city, you will certainly gain a great deal of knowledge. This is more of a spiritual experience, as you will learn about the feelings that Muslims have when they go to worship Allah and get His blessings.
Exposure is the religious and spiritual maintenance, as well as the blessings that come with it, that a Muslim cannot get until they visit this sacred place. In this way, it is important to know the true meaning and have a real experience of spiritual acts of worship done with effort.
It Makes You Understand The Lesson Of Sacrifice
The pilgrimage to Makkah, the holy city, is the finest example of the sacrifice that a man must make in his everyday life. There are people of different ages and physical conditions. The spirit of sacrifice encourages you to help them in the case of any problem or difficulty.
This happens when you notice others doing the same thing. This allows you to gain a lot of knowledge from these small but ultimately significant deeds. These deeds benefit you hereafter, where you will get a proper and fair reward for them.
You Will Be United
You feel a strong sense of unity when you become united with the Muslim community of the whole world. This strengthens the spirit, which is exactly what we require. In the present situation, unity is the major necessity of the world.
Muslims must perform and learn from such Ibadahs in order to see results. The Umrah rituals are performed in a specific order and together. Therefore, the huge crowd unites together just due to the beautiful religious beliefs.
You Develop Compassion And Love
In this Ibadah the feelings of compassion and love are also developed. It also arises when Muslims gather in one location and see others suffering from physical problems.
When you have a problem, you become aware of the issues of those around you. When you perform Umrah and Hajj, you adopt this positive attitude as well. This empathizing spirit must become a permanent part of your attitude in order to practice it in daily life. This has the potential to make your life beautiful and full of blessings.
I am Sitara Gul, born Muslim, right now living in United Kingdom. My love for Islam is from childhood, I don’t see it as a religion but the way of my life. I love researching and writing. Currently, I am writing for Muslims holy Travel and they have an amazing range of Hajj & Umrah packages and Halal holidays too.