The Dubai Health Authority requires all citizens and expatriates residing in Dubai to possess health insurance. While employers are legally obligated to provide health insurance to their employees, sponsors are required to arrange for health insurance for resident dependents.
Due to the high-quality healthcare available in Dubai, medical costs are escalating at a fast pace, making health insurance a necessity.
There are a host of medical insurance companies in Dubai that provide excellent health insurance plans to help you and your family live a secure and peaceful life.
In this blog, we discuss a few best health insurance companies in Dubai.
One of the largest global insurers, AXA is also one of the leading insurance companies in Dubai. It provides an expansive range of products that include health, car, travel, life, and home insurance.
AXA offers a wide range of customized medical insurance plans for Dubai that include the Smart Health Global, Regional, Gold, Silver, and Bronze plans.
Some features of these plans are:
- Easy access to treatment and direct settlement from over 3,000 providers around the UAE and over 800,000 providers globally.
- Comprehensive covers including inpatient cover, outpatient cover, pre-existing and chronic conditions.
- Access to MYAXA app to have all healthcare requirements, including electronic healthcare card, in one location.
Helpline: 800 AXA (292)
Cigna is a global health insurance company that serves around 180 million customers in more than 30 countries across the globe. While this insurance company has served customers for two centuries, it initiated operations in the Middle East one and a half decade back. In the Middle East, it provides diversified health insurance plans for employers and brokers, governments, SMEs and entrepreneurs, and individuals as well as families.
Its mission is to improve the health, well-being, and peace of mind of its customers by making health care simple, affordable, and predictable.
In terms of individual health insurance, Cigna provides three major plans: regional, international, and international plus.
Some features of the health insurance plans are:
- Access to 3600 healthcare providers in UAE, along with an extensive healthcare network across 200 countries.
- Cigna Well Being App to guide your family’s health and wellness plan
- 24*7 customer care assistance
Helpline: 8001 CIGNA (800124462)
Operating in the Gulf region for over six decades, MetLife Insurance offers comprehensive insurance plans for individuals and businesses. With a successful claims payout rate of 94 percent, it is one of the most customer-friendly insurance companies in Dubai.
MetLife offers a wide range of accident and health insurance plans: Circles of Protection, Forever, Olympic Plan, Critical Care, and CritiCare.
Some of the features of these health insurance plans are:
- Access to myMetLife App to access your products, manage your policies and track your health from wherever you are.
- Access to personalized financial and wellbeing content based on your interest.
- Simple process to apply for claims
Helpline: 800 6385433
Oman Insurance Company
With over 45 years of experience in the insurance sector, Oman Insurance is one of the oldest and most reputed insurance companies in Dubai. Its vision is to provide outstanding insurance solutions that help create and protect wealth and wellbeing.
With a wide network of partner hospitals and a robust online support, Oman Insurance offers one of the cheapest health insurance plans in Dubai. It is also a participating Insurer (PI) in Dubai Health Authority’s ISAHD (Insurance System for Advancing Heathcare in Dubai) initiative that aims to provide essential healthcare insurance for every single Dubai resident.
Some features of the health insurance plans that it offers are:
- Online claims reimbursement and direct payment
- App to access eCard and manage all claims easily
Considered among the leaders in the UAE insurance market, Orient Insurance has been operational since the early 1980s. It offers a wide range of personal and commercial insurance policies.
Some of its health insurance policies include EMed for individuals, DMed for non-working dependents, and family care plans.
A few features of the plans provided by Orient are:
- Critical illness coverage
- Worldwide coverage
- Easy premium payment options
Helpline: 800 674368 (ORIENT)
Founded in 2011 by Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company, Abu Dhabi National Energy Company and Al Dar Properties, Watania Insurance provides well-defined individual health insurance plans at very competitive premiums for both individuals and businesses. Its vision is to become the leading general insurance operator by delivering world-class insurance solutions for the protection of all stakeholders.
Its prompt response on quotations, timely policy issuance, and an earnest approach to settling insurance claims makes it one of the most sought after health insurance companies in Dubai. This company also provides Islamic insurance or takaful.
Some of the features of this plan are:
- Worldwide coverage
- Free ambulance services to drive patients to the best hospital
- Maternity cover and newborn coverage
- Compensation for pharmaceuticals, as well as diagnostics and lab tests such as scans, biopsy, X-rays and the like.
Helpline: 800 WATANIA (9282642)
We hope this comprehensive list of the best medical insurance providers in Dubai will help you make an informed decision on purchasing health insurance and staying financially protected.