Oreos have been ruling the hearts since they first came off in public in 1912 by the National Biscuit Company bakery now known as “Nabisco.” It’s been more than 100 years today and this classic cookie is still one of the most famous and can be seen everywhere like grocery stores, cafes, supermarkets and restaurants.
People love experimenting with these cookies and that is why you can see Oreo shakes, deep-fried Oreos, Oreo waffles, pastries, cakes and much more in the menus today. In this blog, we’ll talk about one iconic snack that is every carnival and fair lover’s favorite and couldn’t resist drooling over after hearing the name – Deep-Fried Oreos.
What are deep-fried Oreos?
At any point in the city, you’ll find at least one guy who sells fresh hot fried Oreos every day, churning out hundreds and hundreds of them. These are one of the most beloved snacks and common street and fair food of the United States.
They are bite-sized appetizers that can be served as a tea-time snack or a sweet starter at a dinner party. Prepared using a Deep Fried Oreos mix and water to get an unwrinkled batter. Frozen Oreos are dunked in the batter and further transferred to the preheated oil. Crispy on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside, these fried snacks are just what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth. They are then served warm and gooey with confectioner’s sugar on the outside.
The taste of these fritters depends on the kind of battery used and the mix by Crumbs Carnival Treats is just perfect for this snack. It helps in giving a state fair-style taste and the vibe, just without the rides and lights.
Instant recipe to make deep-fried Oreos
People with sweet-tooth will definitely find this snack mouthwatering. It can be made with various flavours of Oreos and other ways but we’ll prepare them using regular Oreos and crumb’s mix to get instant results, saving everybody’s time.
5 Simple Ingredients Required:
- Oreo Pack
- Deep-fried Oreos Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
- Freeze Oreos for a while
- Take a saucepan and add 3 to 4 cups of vegetable oil and place it over medium heat to 375 degrees.
- Take a bowl and stir Oreos mix and water to make a smooth batter. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Dunk frozen Oreo cookies one by one in the batter and coat them completely.
- Transfer coated cookies carefully to the hot oil.
- Add a batch of 6-7 coated Oreos and fry them until they turn golden brown.
- You can also add sticks in the balls to serve like a lollipop to kids.
- Pull them out and place them over a paper towel.
- Dust them with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm and enjoy a crispy yet creamy snack with your friends or family.
To take your snack game to a whole new level, you can top them with raspberry jam, chopped fruits and chocolate syrup or simply dip them in a bowl of Nutella along with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream. Now, this will satiate your hunger pang in an extraordinary way.
General deep-frying tips
We won’t say Deep Fried Oreos are too healthy but they are definitely delicious and can change your mood to jolliness. And it’s totally fine to grab some once in a while. To keep your fried food healthy implement the below-mentioned tips:
- Use high-quality vegetable oils stable at high temperatures, such as peanut and EVO oil. These oils are suitable for frying due to their low acidity.
- Limit snacking to once a week and limited portions.
- Reduce cooking time, avoid burning food and prefer golden frying. If the oil smokes and emits an acidic odour, throw that away.
- Deep-fry in a lot of oil and always use a thermometer to check the temperature. Do not let food be soaked in oil immediately creating a lipid barrier that hinders the penetration of the fat and preserves the nutrients.
- Use an excellent conductor like iron and steel with a smooth surface.
On the contrary
Some days are tough to keep oneself motivated and one of the things that can uplift the mood is food. And a deep-fried Oreos is an ideal snack to perk you up during those days. If the batter will be prepared just like we have mentioned above, you’ll literally love how soft and crisp they will come out. You can find your own way as well and we’ll love to know how they turned out.
Have you tried this recipe yet? Do not forget to follow the simple frying tips to keep yourself hale and hearty. You can also store these little clouds of cream and chocolate in an air-tight container for a few days or can refrigerate them. Try them now and share your experience with us in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!