Along with the environmental benefits, HP printers are known for delivering high performance and enhanced durability. With an HP printer by your side, you hardly have to be worried about the quality of the prints. Their diverse range of printers like inkjet, laser, colour, or monochrome is capable of catering to the varied printing requirements.
However, at the same time, we know that every device has its pros and cons. Here, we are talking about the glitches that might interrupt your printing operation. Many users have registered the concern that their HP printer not printing black. When users face this bug, their printer does not stop working, but it provides a blank output, or it misses black ink. Let us look at some measures that might be responsible for the trouble & different ways to get rid of it.
Potential Causes Behind HP Printer Not Printing Black Ink
- Improper printer configurations
- Empty ink cartridge
- The issue in cartridge calibration
- Insufficient ink level
- Misalignment of the ink tanks
- Outdated printer drivers
If you have identified the reason behind facing this unexpected glitch, then it will be easy for you to fix it. However, in case if not so, then not to worry, you can try different methods to eliminate the issue.
Some Precautions for Ensuring Correct Operating Conditions:
Here is a list of some important parameters that you must take care of for having a smooth printing experience. Following these might help you to avoid facing such technical glitches:
- Provide stable power connectivity to the printer
- Keep cleaning the print head regularly
- Always make use of branded & reliable ink toner
- Install the latest print drivers from the official website
- Unplug the power cord if the printer is not be used for a longer duration
- Restart the router & printer if unable to connect to the internet
- Keep checking on the damaged or spilling cartridges & replace them instantly
If you have checked on all these measures and are stuck in the same situation, then you can proceed to perform the below-given resolution methods. To succeed in troubleshooting the HP printer not printing black ink issue, follow the steps sequentially.
- Get Rid of Printhead Blockage-It happens many times that due to a blocked printhead, the printer stops giving the expected results. Thus, you should perform a routine clean-up for the printer head. For this, you can take help of an automated printhead cleaning tool, or you can choose to perform it manually. You can use the automatic tool as follows:
- The first step is to load the blank papers in the input tray.
- Now click on the Step-Up icon available at the corner of the control panel.
- With the help of arrow keys, select the Tools option & press OK.
- After this, choose Clean Printhead and touch Ok.
- It will start the printer cleaning process.
- Once the procedure is completed, recheck the print quality by printing the documents.
- Verify the Estimated Ink Levels- For a flawless printing experience, there must be sufficient ink available in your cartridges. You can check this by navigating to the control panel of your printing device and selecting the setup icon. Now choose Estimated Ink levels under the tools option. In case if the graphics show a low ink level, then consider replacing it. If not, then try some other troubleshooting method.
Here, for durable performance, it is recommended to refill the cartridges with genuine ink brands. It will not only ensure the vibrant quality prints but will also serve for a longer time.
Replace the Damaged Ink Cartridge- If you have tried cleaning the print head and still facing the same issue, then you should check for faulty ink cartridges. First, check if the problem is caused by coloured ink or black one. Now, perform the below steps:
Turn on your HP Printing device.
- Next, open the cartridge door, then press it lightly and remove the cartridge from it.
- Remember to remove the plastic tape from the new ink cartridge.
- Now accordingly, insert the coloured cartridges in the desired slot and black ones in a different slot.
- Close the cartridge door and align the printer by navigating to the setup option of the control panel of the printer.
Moreover, if even after following the below procedure, you are unable to fix the HP printer not printing black ink issue, then you might have to look for technical help. Preferably, you should look out for a professional who has ample experience along with the expertise required to fix your issue. This will ensure that you do not have to face a similar problem in the near future.
Note: If you immediately want to take out print for some urgent purpose, then you can do so by using the printer in backup mode. However, in the backup mode, you might have to compromise with the quality of the printed document.