To remove malicious viruses from your computer should be done immediately, otherwise, it can multiply itself and destroy all your sensitive data and information. Well, it’s common in Windows to get infected by a virus, you must have heard the news about it now and then.
Trend Micro is one of the best antivirus software you should buy. If you are trying to find the perfect package that will keep all your devices safe and intact, Trend Micro Antivirus is the best enough product to protect you in every way. In addition, Trend Micro, a powerful malware scanner, Titanium Most Security offers a built-in password manager, an in-app application, and a complete set of tools to protect and manage your device.
But getting infected is very risky because your data and files will be compromised and you wouldn’t want that right? Whether or not you are infected by a malicious virus, read this post to know how to remove it and prevent them in the future.
Look for these symptoms before you remove malicious viruses
It’s not easy to determine whether or not you’re infected by a malicious virus, but looking out for these symptoms might help you realise. As malicious viruses are hard to detect, consider these before you remove malicious viruses.
- Your computer, out of nowhere, will start slowing down.
- Pop-ups will appear out of nowhere, and you won’t be able to remove them.
- Programs you have never seen or used will start launching automatically.
- You will hear the sound of your hard drive running constantly.
If you are experiencing the above symptoms, it’s surely caused by a malicious virus. Now, that you know your computer infected, let’s learn how to remove malicious viruses.
Steps to remove malicious viruses from your PC
- Enter Safe Mode.
- To enter the Safe Mode, you need to restart your computer by holding the Shift key.
- When the computer will restart, you will be displayed with multiple boot options, you need to click on Advanced Options >Startup Settings >
- Lastly, press 5 to restart your computer into Safe Mode.
- Delete the unused files.
- After entering Safe Mode, using the Disk Cleanup tool you need to delete all the temporary files.
- To open Disk Cleanup, click on Start and then click on Windows Administrative Tools.
- After that click on Disk Cleanup. A window will open where you need to select the hard drive.
- From the Files to delete the list, check Temporary Files and then click on OK.
- Cleaning up the temporary files will help in two things, first, it will speed up the virus scanning, second, it might get rid of the virus.
- Download antivirus for virus scanning.
Downloading an antivirus like Trend Micro Internet Security will help you run real-time scans in the background as well it will detect and remove the malicious viruses from your computer.
If you have an antivirus, that’s great, immediately run a “full scan”, and if you don’t have one, this is the right time to download.
- Run a Full Scan on your computer.
In order to quickly identify and remove the virus from your computer, run Trend micro security on-demand scan and then proceed with the real-time scan. Either of the ones will remove the virus from your computer.
Post-Removal of the malicious virus
- If there are any damaged files, recover/reinstall them.
A malicious virus can possibly damage files or programs if you’re infected once. So, after the virus scan removes the virus, use your backups, if there is any, to recover the damaged files or software.
Also, it’s highly recommended that you back up the important files, folder, documents at least once a week.
- Make sure your antivirus is up-to-date.
If you want optimal protection, then you must make sure that your antivirus is turned on and is up-to-date. Make sure enable auto-download of virus definitions, enable real-time scanning and frequently run full scans.
- Turn on Windows Updates.
Vulnerabilities of your operating system are a serious risk to your sensitive information. In order to prevent exploitations, make sure that your Windows operating system is up-to-date if can turn on auto-updates.
An outdated operating system offers opportunities to hackers, you wouldn’t want that. To install security patches in Windows, open Windows Updates and then click on Check for Updates, if there is any, install them.
How to prevent getting infected by viruses in the future
- Whenever there is any latest Windows software update, install it.
- Make sure you install a good antivirus program.
- Frequently backup all your important data.
- Think twice before clicking on pop-up messages, ad, they carry viruses that can get inside your system.
- Never open any email or attachments from unknown senders, always cross-check with the sender.
Having a strong antivirus like Trend Micro Internet Security by your side is the best shield you can provide to your system. Though it’s premium antivirus, it comes at a reasonable price tag that can cover up to unlimited devices.
It offers you tons of essential security features like malicious websites, download prevention, real-time scanning and monitoring, ransomware protection, easily remove malicious virus capabilities.