Nowadays, developers have a number of framework options to build beautiful and scalable mobile applications. With the concept of Hybrid app development all around the industry, developers can leverage their web development skills along with smartphone features. This is where NativeScript comes into play, as it has unlimited benefits making it a perfect fit for enterprises looking for an android app development solution.
In case you are planning to adopt NativeScript for the projects, here are all the significant reasons to go for it.
What is NativeScript, and what are its key pros and cons?
NativeScript is a popular open-source front-end framework used for building cross-platform and native mobile apps enriched with superior user experience and performance attributes. Released in 2014, it quickly rose to a worldwide reputation for its exceptional ease of use and platform-specific development capabilities.
The most significant advantage of using NativeScript is creating an engaging native user experience for the users across platforms such as Android, iOS, and the web. Android developers can take advantage of the easy access to native Android features through native Android APIs for building a user-centric app irrespective of the niches.
Let’s have a quick look at the key advantages of NativeScript that made the framework popular.
- NativeScript ensures a relatively manageable and low learning curve.
- The framework enjoys the continuous backing and support of a large developer community.
- The framework ensures truly native performance across all platforms, including all Android devices.
- NativeScript code can be reused across iOS, Android, and web platforms across different app versions.
- NativeScript, by offering direct and comprehensive access to native APIs of all platforms, ensures delivering truly native performance and user experience.
- NativeScript comes with a wide array of design templates and plugins to help developers build high-quality apps faster.
- Ever since NativeScript came, it has become the preferred choice for both native and cross-platform development and has become popular with leading technologies such as Ionic, React Native, and Flutter.
- Just because NativeScript uses XML to write the cross-platform UI code. It can easily work with frameworks such as Angular and Vue.js.
- NativeScript allows reusing the code across platforms, making it a popular choice for startup projects that, after starting with Android, want to extend to other platforms.
Leading use-cases of NativeScript
NativeScript for years, has been used across feature-rich and performance-savvy apps across the platforms. The typical ability to shape native user experience remains the biggest value proposition of the framework as of now. Let’s have a quick look at some of the leading and most well-known use cases of NativeScript across the spectrum.
- Leading social media apps such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, and several others use NativeScript.
- Many leading GPS map and location apps such as Field Trip, Banjo, Glimpse, and others use NativeScript.
- Many leading news and entertainment apps such as Feedly, Reddit, SmartNews, Buzzfeed, and others also use NativeScript for their apps.
- Several popular game apps such as Drop7, Crossy road, Real Racing 3, Robot Unicorn Attack 2, and others use NativeScript.
- Live to stream and live feed apps like Livestream, Broadcast me, Periscope, and several others also use NativeScript.
- Audiovisual and streaming music apps such as Apple Music, iHeartRadio, and others use NativeScript.
- Leading chat and social messaging apps like Skype, Snapchat, Messenger, and others also use NativeScript.
Key Advantages of Using NativeScript for Android app development
Over the years, NativeScript has emerged as a staple framework for building powerful, engaging, and high-performance native apps on the Android platform. NativeScript offers several awesome advantages to the developers for their Android app projects. Let’s have a quick look at the key benefits of using NativeScript for developing Android apps.
Ensuring Native App Performance
As soon as the developers have defined the native feature and capability, the NativeScript is likely to start executing the native code in all app places. While this native UI building capability stays there. The Android developers can customize the user interface further as per the particular device requirements. This is particularly important for a vast and highly multifaceted device ecosystem like Android.
NativeScript, just like the native Android programming languages such as Kotlin or Java, can deliver absolutely platform-specific user experience and fast app performance without undermining the reusability of the code. When you reuse the same code across other platforms, the user interface and user experience attributes remain as native as before.
With NativeScript, you can use and reuse the same codebase across iOS, Android, web, and other platforms with ease. NativeScript also comes loaded with several native Android features that developers can use straight away in their app projects.
The extremely low learning curve
Extremely flexible with other technologies
Besides offering easy access to iOS and Android platform-specific APIs. The framework is also known for easy compatibility with other frameworks and SDKs. The framework supports all plugins, template engines, and APIs that Android developers use in various app projects. It offers full support to Android SDK as well.
Adaptability with other technologies ensures maximum flexibility on the part of developers and creative freedom to deliver a unique and engaging user experience.
Strong community support
The developers and the organization behind the NativeScript development had years of experience in developing native apps across the platforms. They are versed in the challenges faced by the developers across both Android and iOS platforms.
On top of that, the framework enjoys strong community support from developers worldwide. Last but not least, the NativeScript founder organization also provides enterprise-grade support for mission-critical app development projects.
So, suppose you wish to build a robust and pretty smooth Android app that instantly stands apart from the competition with its exceptional user experience attributes. In that case, NativeScript comes as one of the best tech stack choices. Moreover, you can further couple it with Angular to deliver superior app performance, as many Android app projects have done before.
Are you looking for an ideal Android development framework without losing the cross-platform development option for the future? Well, NativeScript comes as the most flexible option.
Will Ben Sims is CEO of Cerdonis Technologies LLC – A software development company that provides a wide range of app development services. Will ben and his team have developed a number of mobile application solutions for various business. Apart from his professional life, Will ben is very good at playing rugby.
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/will-ben-sims/