The Viraclean disinfectant is the latest innovation in the cleaning supplies industry. It is a hospital-grade disinfectant which can effectively kill numerous kinds of viruses, bacteria, antibiotic resistant bacteria, fungi, mould and mildew. The latest addition to this list is the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 virus).
Here are the 5 things you should know before buying the Viraclean disinfectant.
1.Used on many surfaces
- Despite being a hospital-grade disinfectant, Viraclean can be used on a number of surfaces. It is non-corrosive in nature and has a neutral pH, thus, it can be used even on metals. It also does not cause staining on fabrics or carpets. These are a few examples of surfaces where the Viraclean disinfectant can be used:
- Nursery – Cleaning cribs, cots, change tables.
- Toilet & Shower – Sinks, tile surfaces, and all hard surfaces.
- Hospitals – Intensive Care Units (all hard surfaces), Operating Theatre
- tables, blood spills, telephones
- Theatres – Theatre equipment and cables
- Dental & GP Surgeries – chairs, stools, tables, telephones, benches and light fittings.
- Laboratories & Pathology Clinics – wiping down benches, disinfection of white rooms, cleaning and disinfection of fume cupboards, etc.
- Airplanes – Interiors of commercial transport aircraft (meets Boeing D6-7127 Revision M)
The Viraclean disinfectant is known for being virucidal, bactericidal, fungicidal and also mildewcidal. It is proven to kill the following:
- Candida albicans
- Coronaviruses including SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
- Enterococcus faecalis (VRE)
- Escherichia coli (E coli)
- Hepatitis B Group virus
- Herpes Simplex virus
- Influenza virus
- Klebsiella pneumoniae (CPE/CRE)
- Proteus vulgaris
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Salmonella enterica
- Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA or Golden Staph)
The Viraclean disinfectant is a natural cleaning product. Its active ingredient is Hydrogen Peroxide which breaks down to biodegradable oxygen and water. Thus, it is a 100% biodegradable cleaning product. The Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide AHP® technology Oxivir® Five 16 delivers fast, effective cleaning and disinfecting performance in one step, without the need for rinsing.
The Viraclean disinfectant is non-flammable, is low in odour and is non-irritant. Thus, it is safe for staff and patients. It also does not contain phenolics, chlorine or glutaraldehyde.
5.How to use the Viraclean disinfectant?
This is the correct procedure for using the Viraclean disinfectant.
a. Ensure appropriate PPE is worn before application.
b.To remove organic soiling from a surface, apply Viraclean liberally around the soiled area and work towards the centre. Soak up using fresh, disposable cloth.
c. Once the surface is clean, we need to disinfect it. Apply undiluted Viraclean for proper disinfection.
d. Leave it to dry for 10 minutes at room temperature.
The surface is now devoid of all kinds of germs, bacteria and viruses!
We hope this guide helped you in choosing the right cleaning supplies for your workplace. Tell us in the comments below which supplies you decided to buy!
For the widest range of professional cleaning equipment and cleaning supplies at the best prices, check out www.onestopcleaningsupplies.com and take advantage of their friendly and professional advice. With fast shipping across Australia on offer, this is the best place to buy your cleaning supplies online.