Yes, with the help of architects you can also increase your property value and you can also ask How to find the best architects in Islamabad? With a small investment and attention to a few key points, you can increase the value of your property and speed up the sale. When selling or renting a property, there are a number of things to consider when evaluating it. The location and infrastructure of the area, as well as the state of maintenance of the property, are important factors in determining the value of a sale or rental.
How many Ideas for Selling or Exchanging a Property Value?
It often takes time for owners to act on the idea of selling or exchanging property, and during that time, the value of the property may decline. This is due to the fact that tenants often do not perform the necessary maintenance work during this period.
Invest Money on Your Architects
- When you’re ready to invest some money in your property for a big financial return, the first thing you should do is make some small repairs. A simple job like painting a wall or replacing a floor can completely change the look of your property and increase its selling price.
- An important tip if you decide to do a small renovation. Choose neutral colours for the floor and walls. Bright, neutral colours attract more people and greatly increase your chances of making a sale.
- Sometimes homeowners don’t want or need to invest in renovations. In this case, you might want to take a closer look at what needs minor repairs, such as
- Bathroom mirrors that have oxidized.
- Wooden doors and decks that need painting.
- A garden whose grass needs trimming.
- Burnt out lamps and lamps of different shades.
- Bathroom ceilings that may have wet spots.
- Doors, windows or blinds that don’t close properly.
- Broken furniture handles.
- Holes in walls or broken decorations that need to be repaired with putty.
- The less money you have to invest and the sooner you move in, the more value you can add to your property. These are, of course, turnkey properties and usually second-hand.
- I2C Architects is a prominent architecture firm based in Australia that creates award-winning structures for people to work, learn, and interact. Visit Us
- If the furniture in your house or apartment is very damaged or very old. Before putting the property up for sale, it is a good idea to remove all the furniture, even if it has not been reused.
- New tenants will probably not keep the furniture, which will save you time and money and make the property more attractive. This will automatically increase the value of the property.
- If possible, vacate the property and move out before putting it on the market. This will not only make it easier to arrange viewings but also find personal and decorative items such as photographs, paintings, cushions, etc.
- This will help you visualize the furnishings and decor of the space and make it easier for you to imagine what life will be like in your new space. If you can’t move, we recommend hiding any personal decorations and photos that are for sale.
How to Restoring the building and other Areas?
- For apartments, you should also pay attention to the condition of the building’s facade, lobby, outdoor spaces and other common areas (such as the ballroom or gym). If these areas are severely damaged, it is in the interest of all apartment owners to request minor repairs at the condominium meeting to improve the condition of the property.
- If the building needs to be renovated or painted on the outside, it may be worth waiting or waiting a while. Once the work is completed, you will be able to sell your property at a higher price.
Infrastructure Public Works
- Find out about public works and possible improvements in your neighbourhood, such as paving streets, revitalizing squares and sidewalks, changing public lighting, bridges, overpasses, etc. Depending on the deadlines set by the authorities for these works and investments, it may be worth waiting a while for the value of your property to increase.
- This also applies to properties located in the near future in shopping centres, large factories and supermarkets. This is a very important issue if you are considering buying a property for resale.
- To sell your property quickly and easily, you must ensure that you have a building permit for your property, that your property tax has been paid and that you have entered up-to-date information in the land registry.
- If you are renting a property, it is a good idea to invest in basic furniture for the bathroom, kitchen, laundry room and other utility rooms. Not only will this increase the price, but it will also greatly increase the number of potential tenants and speed up the rental process.
- Although you will have to make some initial investment, you will not have to keep your property closed for long and you will receive your monthly rent much faster.
When people book viewings, it means they are interested in the property. To create a pleasant atmosphere during viewings, keep the windows clean, turn off drains that cause unpleasant odours, leave air fresheners in the rooms and open the windows once a week to air them out.
Plan your home improvements
- Before you invite the builders, remember that the home improvement route can be difficult and doesn’t guarantee a high return on investment.
- It’s always a good idea to check with a local real estate agent to see if major renovations will increase the value of your property. All homes have a price ceiling, so make sure the costs don’t outweigh the benefits.
- It’s also important to hire a professional to perform well-thought-out, quality work, as poor workmanship and design will reduce the value of your home.
- You must ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with current planning and building regulations. Homeowners who do not submit approved documents compromise the marketability of their property. Therefore, you must avoid the pitfalls and maximize the value of your home.
Expand your home
- According to the Nationwide Building Society, a well-designed addition can increase the market value of a home by 12%.
- A well-planned extension project can transform even the most mundane property into a comfortable, stylish and bright home.
- With the right design and renovation, you can create a fantastic new space that not only changes your living environment but can also significantly increase the value of your property.
- Take a look at some of our fantastic UK building projects to find inspiration for your next project.
- Single storey extensions start from £30,000 and two-storey extensions from £40,000. It’s worth considering the two-storey option, as the main costs are usually related to the foundations and roof.
- Whichever decision you make, pay particular attention to design and layout.
- The general rule of thumb is to ensure that extensions fit the existing building
- new space blends with the interior and exterior.
The proportions of the second and third-floor rooms should also be balanced so that the exterior space is not significantly reduced.
Add A Basement
- There is no official data on the extent to which a habitable basement increases the value of a home,
- but there is no doubt that renovation can be a cost-effective way to create space,
- especially in urban areas where land is limited.
Renovate existing basement
On the other hand, renovating an existing basement or first floor can cost as little as £20,000. But the costs can add up quickly as you need to make sure you have enough floor space, waterproofing and dig a skylight.
A well-designed and finished basement not only gives you more space but also covers your costs and doubles your profits.
Build a loft
According to Halifax research, loft conversions are the most attractive type of home conversion. So, increase the market value of a property by 15%. It can also increase usable space by up to 30 per cent, according to the FMB.
Attic conversion or more complex work
- On average, a simple conversion will cost between £16,000 and £20,000.
- but this can quickly increase if you’re considering an attic conversion or more complex work.
- The most successful attic conversions are those that look like an integral part of the existing house from the inside.
- Taking the time to plan the space and consider issues such as limited ceiling height, first-floor access.
- Simply lack of access can help avoid a sudden loss of profit.
- According to Nationwide, installing a second bathroom can increase the value of a home by 5-9%.
- Renovating an existing bathroom can increase the attractiveness of a home, but only recoup 25% of the cost. A home with four or more bedrooms needs at least two bathrooms.
- Home with rooms on different floors needs at least one bathroom on each floor.
- If you have a bathroom on the main floor, consider moving it upstairs.
- Adding a bathroom to a larger room is often cost-effective, but be careful not to sacrifice space. If you decide to renovate, think carefully before sacrificing a room.