Let’s discover the several types of video calling applications.
Video Conferencing App
Video Calling Apps
Entertainment Video Call/Chat Apps
How to Build a Video Calling App
Decide Unique Value Proposition of Video Calling Application
Decide on The Type of Video Calling Application
- Who will be your target audience?
- What features do you want to incorporate for your audience? (List them)
- Any unique features for that target audience?
- How many participants do you want to allow in your video chat app?
- What is the main feature you want to focus on?
- Is there any reference app in your mind? (Mention it)
- Who will be your competitors?
Monetization Policies of the Video Calling Application
- In-App Purchases:
Zoom is a video conferencing app that allows only 40 mins of free conferencing. However, they have a plan for $149.90 per year if the users want to surpass the app’s time limit! Unsurprisingly, their revenue also quadruples by adopting this monetization strategy.
Features of Video Calling Applications
Basic Features of Video Calling Applications
- Simple Registration
- Profile Management
- Contact List
- Video Calling/Voice Calling
- End-to-End Encryption
- Push notifications
Advanced features of video calling applications
- Screen sharing
- Virtual Background
- Virtual Noise Cancellation
Cost to make a video chat application
- The technology stack
- The features you want to include
- Platforms you choose (iOS, Android, or both)
- Software development company you choose
- Analyzing your business
- The app designing (themes, colours, graphics, visuals),