WordPress Don’ts for Beginners
WordPress is the most used CMS system built in PHP and in today’s time, there are millions of WordPress sites running on the web. However, there are some things beginner WordPress users should avoid doing in order to prevent their site from being hacked or broken.
So if you are also a WordPress beginner then this blog is perfect for you in this blog we are going to discuss some of the most common mistakes that beginners made and how you can avoid them.
What is WordPress?
It is a well-known CMS as mentioned above. By using WordPress you can create different types of websites like Blogging sites, News sites, E-commerce sites, and many more. While WordPress is an amazing platform with endless possibilities, it can also be overwhelming for beginners. In this article, we will share some WordPress don’ts for beginners, to help you avoid common mistakes.
1. Don’t choose the wrong hosting provider
When choosing a WordPress hosting provider, it is important to do your research and select a reputable company with good customer support. There are many WordPress-specific hosting providers that offer great features and performance. However, some generalist hosting providers do not have adequate WordPress support, which can lead to problems down the line.
2. Don’t overlook your website’s security
WordPress sites are the most targeted sites for hackers because of their popularity. As such, it is important to take steps to secure your website, such as keeping your WordPress version and plugins up to date, using a strong password, and using a security plugin like Wordfence.
3. Selecting the wrong platform
Confusion about WordPress.com and WordPress.org
The biggest mistake most WordPress beginners make is that they choose the wrong platform. Actually, there are two versions of WordPress one which is used for the hosted platform is WordPress.com and one which is used for self-hosted is WordPress.org and
Both platforms have their own pros and cons, but for most beginners, we recommend starting with WordPress.com. It’s easier to use and get started with, and you can always switch to WordPress.org later if you need more control over your site.
Free vs Paid Themes
Theme plays a very important role in WordPress as there are a hundred themes available but is there any advantage of buying themes. Free themes are great if you’re on a budget, but keep in mind that they often come with fewer features and customization, and end you need to customize the site on your own to master web designing and customization you can opt for web design courses in Delhi.
Don’t Use a Default Theme
While the default WordPress themes are fine for a personal blog, they can look quite generic. If you want your blog to stand out, then it is worth investing in a custom theme and if you know customization and development then it’s cheery on the cake, and if you don’t then you can join diploma in web design and development to learn designing and customization.
Don’t Use Too Many Plugins
WordPress plugins are great as they can add extra functionality to your blog. However, using lots of plugins can increase the loading speed of the site and cause in slowing down its performance.
Stick to using only the essential plugins and avoid using ones that you don’t really need you can also develop your own plugins with the help of web development courses in Delhi. The advantage of developing your own plugins is that you can set things according to your needs.
Don’t Neglect Your SEO
Search engine optimization is important for any website, including a WordPress blog. As a beginner, you should understand SEO and the role it plays in the business. Don’t avoid optimizing your site according to the parameters of SEO.
Don’t Forget to Back Up Your Site
Millions of dollars are damaged every year because of Backup. One of the worst things that can happen to a website is losing all of the data due to a technical error or hacking. You should always keep your website backup updated because once you lose it will be very hard to get it back or sometimes impossible.
Don’t forget to optimize images
Images play a very important role in increasing the page speed. Whenever you upload images to check the size of the images if its size is more 50- 60 MB then you should first compress the images. And then upload them to the site. There are many sites like “tinypng” where you can easily compress the images without losing the image quality. The bigger size images result in poor site speed. Another mistake most beginners do is that they refuse to add alt text to the images. As per SEO perspective ALT text is very important and also helps in keywords ranking.
How to Avoid the Don’ts?
As we have discussed some WordPress Don’ts for Beginners. Now let’s have a look at how you can avoid these mistakes.
1. Don’t neglect to update WordPress regularly. Each new release includes security updates and performance enhancements that can keep your site running smoothly.
2. Don’t forget to back up your site regularly. This will ensure that you can always restore your site if something goes wrong.
3. Don’t overlook the importance of security. WordPress sites are often targeted by hackers, so be sure to install a security plugin and choose a strong password.
4. Don’t use too many plugins. While they can add functionality to your site, too many plugins can slow down your site and make it difficult to use.
5. Don’t neglect your SEO. Be sure to choose a WordPress theme that is optimized for search engines and add plugins like Yoast SEO to help improve your ranking.
6. Always keep a mentor- while working on WordPress there are very steps where you get stuck and having a mentor is a good option to learn faster if you don’ have any mentor who can teach you WordPress then let ADMEC MULTIMEDIA be your companion to master WordPress.
Just follow the given tips and you’ll be able to boost your workflow and build an amazing site in WP.
Pros and Cons of Using WordPress
We’ve gone through the introduction of WordPress already; let’s check some of its key features and learning benefits in the form of the pros given below.
- Open source software developed in PHP
- No need for programming language knowledge
- Take help form the large size community of users and developers
- Good amount of resources are available online to master WordPress
- Develop dynamic sites without learning PHP and MySQL
- WordPress websites can be customized with themes and plugins.
- WP Websites can be easily backed up.
Vulnerable to hackers because of the popularity of the CMS. Be sure to keep your WordPress site up to date.
If you are not familiar with code, you may need to hire a developer to help with customization or troubleshooting.
Some hosting providers do not offer one-click installation of WordPress.
There are a lot of things to consider when you’re first starting out with WordPress, but these WordPress Don’ts for Beginners are some of the most important. By avoiding them, you’ll be ready to develop a safe and strong website To master WordPress, you can opt for the Advanced WordPress course. These courses will help you to avoid such kinds of mistakes and teach you how to create stunning WordPress sites.
Read more blogs on- https://www.recablog.com/