If you try to refresh the home page on your Instagram app on Android, it won’t refresh the feed. This issue has afflicted many users, including you. When you refresh the feed or browse your profile, this error frequently appears.
But there’s no need to be concerned… You can quickly solve this problem by implementing some of the greatest working solutions I’ll discuss with you in this article.
in this article, I have shared several ways to fix the Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error on Android. So, instead of spending any more time, go over this guide and follow the given fixes.
Why can’t Instagram refresh my feed on my Android phone?
Knowing why Instagram says it can’t refresh the feed is always useful because it will help you figure out the best solution for your specific circumstance. Here are some possible causes for the Instagram error “couldn’t refresh feed“:
- Overloaded WiFi/Network: Network difficulties are the most common cause of the Instagram not refreshing feed error. Especially whenever the WiFi or network becomes overburdened. As a result, network congestion is unquestionably one of the most significant causes, as it has an impact on the app’s performance.
- Outdated App: If you’re using an old version of Instagram, you’ll be in difficulty as well.
- Limited Mobile Data Usage: Another possible cause of this Instagram feed issue is a lack of mobile data. This warning may appear on your phone while using the Instagram app if you have limited data consumption on your phone and data is already used up.
- Wrong Date & Time: If you have the wrong date or time on the phone, you may get the Instagram couldn’t update feed issue.
- Using 3rd Party Apps: If you use an automated 3rd party app to like, comment, or do anything else on Instagram, you may encounter this problem. Instagram is against the use of such apps, and if it detects one on your phone, it will instantly disable several of the app’s features. You’ll eventually get the Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error.
How To Fix Instagram Not Refreshing Feed On Android
1: Fixing Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed On Android: –
Aside from the previously suggested manual approaches, I have a different alternative for you. This is an Android Repair Tool, a specialized tool for repairing all types of Android faults and errors.
On Android, you may use this tool to repair the Instagram feed not refreshing. This is a fantastic piece of software to utilize because it has previously fixed a number of problems. It’s simple to use and fix any Android error without causing any additional damage.
So, to fix Instagram issues on Android, easily download the Android Repair app. Follow the instructions in the user guide to learn how to use this tool and solve the issue on your Android phone.
2: Turn Your Phone Off and On to fix Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed on Android
The first step in resolving this problem is to restart your phone. This is a straightforward technique for resolving problems. On Instagram, I was unable to refresh my feed.
This method has worked for others, and hopefully, it will work for you as well. However, if the problem persists, proceed on to the following step.
3: Correctly set the device’s date and time: –
Instagram will not update your feed on your Android if your phone’s date and time are incorrect. Instagram syncs the current time and date with the device’s settings, which causes this to happen.
As a result, double-check your phone’s date and time settings. Set them to automatic thus you don’t have to worry about them.
Follow the steps to do:
- Click on Settings.
- Then, hit Additional Settings.
- Click on the date and time
- Use Network-Provided Time and Use Network-Provided Time Zone should be active here.
Check to see whether you can access the Instagram feed.
4. Data And Cache Cleaning: –
Clearing Instagram’s cache and data is another option for resolving the issue. This is a viable option that has aided a large number of people.
All apps begin saving temporary cache files on the phone after regular use, which aids in the app’s speedier working and loading. The very same thing is happening in the Instagram app, which is why it’s important to clean the cache on a frequent basis.
So, to resolve this issue, erase the app data and cache on your Android phone. Fresh Instagram feeds will eventually work smoothly on your smartphone as a result of this.
The following are the steps you must take:
- Tap on “Settings“
- Hit on “Apps” and then “All apps->Instagram->Storage” from the menu.
- Click on “Clear Cache” and then “Clear Data” from Instagram storage options
- Save all of your changes and then exit
- Restart your app and see if your Instagram feed is now refreshing or not.
5. Adjust the data limit on Instagram: –
When your data usage for this app is limited, you may also experience this Instagram feed issue. If you go over your daily data limit, the app will prevent you from doing things like loading the feed.
You can either abolish the daily data consumption limits barrier or extend the data usage for Instagram to resolve this issue.
- Access the Instagram app on your phone.
- Go over to the Profile
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Then select Account from the drop-down menu.
- Select Cellular Data Use from the drop-down menu.
- Now, You can facilitate data limit or disable Data Saver mode here.
6. Upgrade An Outdated Instagram Version: –
If you’re using an outdated version of the Instagram app, you can run into this problem. If the app isn’t upgraded, it won’t work as well as it should.
As a result, you should see if your application requires an update, as this may resolve the issue.
As a result, you should go to the App Store to see if the app requires an update. Look for the application there, and if any updates are required, download and install them.
7: Re-enter your Instagram username and password: –
Another way to get rid of the “Couldn’t refresh feed” error on Instagram is to log out and then back in. This is a wonderful technique to fix the mistake because re-logging it will reload the app and erase all unpleasant bugs.
This will also assist you in re-authenticating Instagram by allowing you to log back into your account after a complete logout.
- Tap the Profile icon in the bottom right corner of your Instagram home to access your profile.
- Go to the hamburger menu now (i.e 3 lines present at the top-right corner)
- Select the Log Out option from the App settings.
- After that, wait a few minutes and try logging into it with your Instagram ID again.
Check and see the issue of being unable to refresh your Instagram feed has been resolved.
Now, presumably, your Instagram will function normally and error-free.
After reading this article, you should have a good notion of how to fix the Instagram couldn’t refresh feed problem.
You must resolve the can’t refresh feed issue in order to enjoy faultless surfing of videos and reels on Instagram. I am fairly certain that all of the suggested alternatives will resolve the Instagram can’t refresh feed issue.